PDA

View Full Version : Problem ripping from LP in DB Aux Input

johnhgs
08-11-2004, 06:34 AM
It looks like everything is happening correctly while recording from an album on my turntable but when I play back the file it is only a few seconds long. If I record the album as just one track it works but when I define tracks with breaks, no luck. It switches tracks ok during recording. The recording control makes it look like the whole album was recorded without problem

ChristinaS
08-11-2004, 07:24 AM
It looks like everything is happening correctly while recording from an album on my turntable but when I play back the file it is only a few seconds long. If I record the album as just one track it works but when I define tracks with breaks, no luck. It switches tracks ok during recording. The recording control makes it look like the whole album was recorded without problem
Take a look at this thread. http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5469 .

johnhgs
08-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Problem ripping from LP in DB Aux Input

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wayne
08-11-2004, 07:54 PM
It could be that dMC Auxiliary Input is incorrectly identifying the gaps between the tracks due to what setting you are using.

Do the tracks on the LP you are recording have any silent or quiet sections? Try adjusting the sound level etc. and see if that improves things. I can't remember, but I think that the Auxiliary Input program stops recording once the number of tracks it is expecting to record have been created.

Alternatively record it as a single file and after the recording is complete split the large file into separate individual tracks.

Wayne