PDA

View Full Version : interface not displaying properly

Unregistered
07-31-2004, 02:40 AM
I am a new user of dbPowerAmp, and am considering registering, but I am having a problem with the way the interface displays on my computer. I am running Win2k on a Dell laptop. The problem is that many of the buttons on all the various dbPowerAmp windows are displayed in strange places, often superimposed on one another. Pictures of this problem can be found at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~nesnider/dmc.html

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

xoas
07-31-2004, 12:57 PM
Depending on what version of dMC you are using, and your what display settings you are using, it might be related to your display settings. This problem was known to occur in earlier versions of dMC with display settings that had "Large Fonts Enabled".
While this problem was thought to have been fixed by version 10.1, I do remember that a user continued to have this problem with large fonts on a 1280 screen resolution.
So if you have an earlier version of dMC with Large Fonts enabled you could turn off the large fonts or you could upgrade your version of dMC. If you have dMC 10.1 or the r11 beta and you have a 1280 resolution, you could turn off your large fonts or decrease your screen resolution.
If you have the latest version of dMC and do not have large fonts enabled or a funky screen resolution, please post back. Let us know, in particular whether this problem only occurs with the dMC window or whether you have noticed the same problems with the File Selecter, Auxilary Input, and/or Audio CD Input Windows, and whether the problem with the dMC window (if that is the only window which has the display problem) is the same whether you access dMC through the desktop icon, through your program menu, through Audio CD Input and/or File Selector, or through right-clicking a music file and choosing "Convert To".
If you are diagnostically disinclined and the screen issues mentionned previously do not apply, the other suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall dMC, clearing the dMC registry if necessary (which you won't know unless you uninstall and reinstall without clearing the dMC registry).
Please keep us posted on how you make out. Perhaps a more astute user than myself might have some insight as well.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen