PDA

View Full Version : Mpeg123 Input Decoder Beta 1

Spoon
07-08-2002, 01:58 PM
This is a replacement for the standard XAudio mpeg decoder that is normally used with dBpowerAMP (either the player or converter).

If you ask me the sound is superior from mpeg123, but so far if in dAP skipping to a position in the track can cause it to crash, and if your mpegs have errors in them I don't think it is as bullet proof as the old one.

Download:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpowerAMP-codec-mpg123.exe

341KB

MODatic
07-12-2002, 10:42 PM
Downloaded and installed, works well. Seeking seems a little faster, no crashes yet, crossfader still works as well as the EQ. I'll try and get my hands on some Xing MP3s and see if that'll break it (won't be hard :supersmil)

I'll try and decode some MP3s (including the crappy Xings I get my hands on) to Wave later on and see how it goes.

Spoon
07-13-2002, 03:40 AM
I have some mp3 files that it will not play/convert, I will have to try them with Lame (I took the mpg123 code out of lame) and see if that decodes them.

totalXSive
07-13-2002, 12:05 PM
Certainly sounds better. No seek or crossfade problems. Windows XP Pro, latest dAP Beta...

totalXSive
07-13-2002, 12:18 PM
I've found a couple of MP3s with sync errors and it seems to hold up okay.

Oh, here we go... if you click and drag to seek too much you get a short burst of garbled output and then dAP closes or skips to another track. It also doesn't like going to the previous track, though I haven't tried that without the crossfader.