PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Install Flac and Ape Codecs

MisterChaz
07-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Downloaded and attempted installs twice (apiece). Rebooted. Almost installs all the way then an error pop-up:

"Errors whilst starting....<path>......musiconverter.exe"

Any idea? Thanks!

MisterCha
07-26-2004, 02:24 PM
I found that the .dll's were in the multiplayer side so I copied them over to the converter side...piece of cake!

Once again I am delighted with the greatness of these programs! Thanks a lot!

ChristinaS
07-26-2004, 02:54 PM
I found that the .dll's were in the multiplayer side so I copied them over to the converter side...piece of cake!

Once again I am delighted with the greatness of these programs! Thanks a lot!
Ah, hence the need to install all pieces related to the dMC family to the same exact location. This would also keep future updates tidy.

Spoon
07-27-2004, 07:23 AM
You are best to let the installer install the files (running musicconverter adds the codecs 'convert to').

Unregistered
07-27-2004, 11:48 AM
That was the point of my post, I could not because the installers were not working!

As for Christina's comment, once awhile ago when I upgraded db or some such scenario awhile later I found I had two Illustrate folders. I assumed it was supposed to be like that (one player/one converter) so I left it.

If I can merge the two folders together than I would be quite happy, less files to deal with.

ChristinaS
07-27-2004, 12:07 PM
That was the point of my post, I could not because the installers were not working!

As for Christina's comment, once awhile ago when I upgraded db or some such scenario awhile later I found I had two Illustrate folders. I assumed it was supposed to be like that (one player/one converter) so I left it.

If I can merge the two folders together than I would be quite happy, less files to deal with.
Easier to delete one of them and install everything you're missing into the other one, I should think.

Mister Chaz
07-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the tip!