PDA

View Full Version : How do I get Windows XP- Windows Explorer to show/sort by Track with APE

VNG
07-21-2004, 03:45 PM
I can not get Windose :yawn: XP to show APE information in the audio details format in Windows Explorer. Yes, It works fine for MP3s; yes when I scroll over an APE song it shows the ID3 tag in the yellow pop-up screen.

However it won't show time or track no in the primary windose :yawn: explorer screen (view > details), just Artist-song 27,037 KB APE File. Therefore it won't sort by track. :vmad:

Any hints, hacks, tips, tricks, cracks, patches, punches to fix this? Id like to once again have my audio files sorted by Track No. while browsing in Windose :yawn: Explorer.

TIA

Windows XP Home SP 1

Wayne
07-21-2004, 08:39 PM
I think that Windows Explorer can only support audio files in the wma or mp3 format.

I run Directory Opus 6 in Explorer replacment mode on my machine and it has the same problem so I have learned to live without this feature. Especially as I normally view my audio files via MMC anyway.

Wayne

Spoon
07-22-2004, 03:33 AM
The New dBpowerAMP Music Converter Release 11 (beta section this forum) - has an option to add its own columns to explorer for any supported format (APE) - right click on a column and enable the dBpowerAMP ones (at the bottom of the list).

VNG
07-22-2004, 06:45 AM
Wow... quick support and great enhancements. You rock Spoon.

Im going to look at the other enhancements of &*946;11.

Thanks again

PS I have to ask. Spoon, are all your friends brown and red? :D