PDA

View Full Version : Possible Bug with dmc beta 3

Stoge
07-19-2004, 04:59 PM
After installing dmc beta 3 and while playing .mp3, I can't move the slide bar to change position within the song. Touching the slidebar with the mouse stops the play. I only have problems with .mp3 others including .ape work fine. I went back to beta 2 and .mp3 work again as well.

scott

xoas
07-19-2004, 09:58 PM
I believe that this is a bug with the dBpowerAMP Audio Player (dAP), release 3 beta 5 rather than with the dBpowerAMP music Converter (dMC) (since dAP plays audio files, dMC converts files). Another (?) user reported a similar problem last night (I believe, I have not been able to find the thread). In researching his problem, I have discovered that I have the same problem myself. It appears to affect only mp3 files and the earlier post suggested that it is confined to mp3 files with a bitrate of 192 kbs or above. Such files may fail to load altogether, they may stop before the track is over, and they will abort quickly if you adjust the progress bar either forward or backward. Except for aborting promptly when the progress bar is adjusted, the other problems mentioned do not appear to happen consistently. I have not done enough testing to convince myself that these problems do not occur with smaller bitrates but I do not believe that smaller bitrates are affected. It does not appear to make a difference whether these tracks are constant, average or variable bitrate.
Thanks for your input.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Spoon
07-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Please send one of your mp3 files that does this to:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

donny
07-20-2004, 08:55 AM
I had the same problem after instaling dmc beta 3... any rewinding (or f fwd) would cause to skip to the next song... only with mp3 ... I gues because of the new decoder ?

anyway when I re-install dAP beta 5 it has gone back to normal .... so maybe try this...

Wayne
07-24-2004, 07:31 PM
Last night I discovered that I was experiencing the similar problem to Donny. When playing MP3 the slider appeared to skip to next/previous song.

Following his suggestion to reinstall dAP r3 beta 5 everything is back to normal. Whatever that may be ;-)

Wayne

Spoon
07-25-2004, 07:41 AM
I have fixed this bug, look out for dMC R11 RC1 (in about 3 weeks).