PDA

View Full Version : DAP r3 beta 5 bug and questions

Renoir
07-19-2004, 04:04 AM
Whenever I go to the edit tag window in MMC for a track that is missing (the track is in MMC but file is on a disc) as soon as I click OK to come out of it MMC crashes and closes. I then can't open it again until I close DAP and reopen it.

Couple more questions about the beta:

1) pop up info tips for Flac tracks now show the tags as vorbis comments and not flac tags. Is it basically the same?

2) The background in MMC is white with black text and tracks are grey when highlighted. I find this very annoying as it is far less clear IMO than the black background and blue highlighter in r2. Is this intentional and can I change it? If so how?

Thanks in advance for any replies

BTW this is a great set of tools you have here, keep up the good work!

Renoir

Spoon
07-19-2004, 06:54 AM
Vorbis tags are the right ones for FLAC files.

If you look at the skins site there are 100's of colors you can download for mmc.

What audio format is it crashing on? when you edit the tag.

Renoir
07-20-2004, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the prompt reply Spoon.

What audio format is it crashing on? when you edit the tag.

*It was crashing on Flac tracks but without me actually changing the tags, I just wanted to look at the details tab but then it would crash just as it does when I click OK to come out of the window (just to confirm this was on tracks that were not on my hard drive but were still in MMC). It worked fine on tracks that were on my hard drive though.

I do now have some other potential bugs to report.

1) When I now put the cursor over a flac track in explorer, instead of the normal yellow info tips coming up I get "no info", and when I try to edit the tag from the right click menu (I have the powerpack installed) I get the following message:

"To support the audio type 'Flac' a codec must be installed, install this codec now?"

I have this codec installed (have always had the DB flac codec and the one you get from the Flac website installed) and there was never a problem before.

2) When I now add some Flac tracks to MMC the tag is wrong, it has the track number as the artist, the song title is correct and the album tag is blank. Incidentally the track number and the song title is what constitutes the filename. These tags were previously correct. My Mp3 and WMA files work perfectly.

This all seems a bit odd but I assume it has something to do with the DBPowerAmp Flac codec (it's the new release 5 version). I will try reinstalling it and see where that gets me.

Any ideas

Renoir

Renoir
07-20-2004, 07:30 AM
Hooray I reinstalled the Flac codec and the 2 extra bugs that I mentioned have been rectified. However MMC still crashes when I click the details tab or OK in the edit tag window on tracks that aren't on the hard drive (They are on a DVD).

BTW don't know if this is the right place for this but is it possible to have a "convert to" option on the folder right click menu alongside the present add to, enque in and play in options?

Thanks

Renoir

Spoon
07-20-2004, 08:36 AM
Your still using Release 5 of FLAC? (I will note those two down as bugs).

For folder converts look at downloading 'File Selector' - on the dMC download page.

Renoir
07-21-2004, 05:55 AM
Yes I am still using the release 5 codec. Bit bizarre but it seems to be working after a fresh install of it.

Regards

Renoir