PDA

View Full Version : dMC 11b1 with AR doesn't read CD's first title

Gradski
07-15-2004, 10:51 AM
Hi,

I just installed dMC 11b1 and AccurateRip, and after configuring AR I wasn't able to read any CD's first track anymore. I always get an error message:

CODEC decompression error for '\\CdRom\Track01.cda'
Unable to read CD, scratched disk?

After resetting AccurateRip in dMC's options I was able to read the track - until I configured AR again, that is.

Can somebody confirm this?

I'm using:

Windows XP SP1 (all current updates)
ASPI 4.71.2
dMC 11b1 with PowerPack rel3 (trial) & AccurateRip
Toshiba SD-M1612

Regards, G.

xoas
07-15-2004, 11:22 AM
Can somebody confirm this?

Yes. It does appear that having had my drives configured for AccurateRip with dMC r 10.1 and having installed dMC r 11 beta 2 I (too) need to reconfigure my drives for AccurateRip. I hadn't realized this till your post.
Thanks.

I believe that this means your symptoms are related to being in the middle of reconfiguring your drive for AccurateRip. Instructions for how to do this can be found on the AccurateRip.com website, a link for which is listed in the Forums.

Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

xoas
07-15-2004, 01:44 PM
It does appear that having had my drives configured for AccurateRip with dMC r 10.1 and having installed dMC r 11 beta 2 I (too) need to reconfigure my drives for AccurateRip.
At least I assume this is the case. My Audio CD Input Options screen shows that AR is enabled but also indicates on the Status line that AR is unconfigured and awaiting Key disk.
If my assumption is incorrect, that would be helpful to know.

Gradski
07-15-2004, 08:50 PM
I tried reconfiguring AccurateRip, it didn't work. I'm still unable to rip a CD's first track if AR is configured and enabled.

xoas
07-15-2004, 10:31 PM
I'll check this out myself this evening.

After resetting AccurateRip in dMC's options I was able to read the track - until I configured AR again, that is.
Can you tell me what you mean here? It sounds like things worked for a while (after resetting AR) and then did not (after you configured AR again). With this "reset" was AR enabled or disabled? If it was enabled, what caused you to go reconfigure AR?

Have you tried uninstalling AccurateRip and reinstalling it over the dMC r 11 beta? That is probably where I will start if AR acts up after I reconfigure my drives.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Gradski
07-16-2004, 12:24 AM
Can you tell me what you mean here? It sounds like things worked for a while (after resetting AR) and then did not (after you configured AR again). With this "reset" was AR enabled or disabled? If it was enabled, what caused you to go reconfigure AR?
If you go to dMC's Options, there's a button labeled "Reset" for AR. It resets :D AR to the state before configuring it (i.e. insert a key disc and find the drive's offset). That's what I did.

I reset it because of the above-mentioned problems, but it didn't solve them.

Have you tried uninstalling AccurateRip and reinstalling it over the dMC r 11 beta?
Yup. I just deinstalled dMC and everything associated to it (PowerPack, AR, ARdb), rebooted, then installed dMC r11b2, PowerPack, AR, ARdb, FLAC codec, Monkey's Audio codec in that order.

I used Eminem - The Eminem Show as key disc, then tried to rip the whole disc (after configuring it with the key disc, AR was automatically activated). I still got the same error.

Spoon
07-16-2004, 08:12 AM
Answered on AudioSense also, your CD drive cannot read into the CD Lead-in which it needs to do with AccurateRip.

Gradski
07-16-2004, 08:15 AM
thank you.