PDA

View Full Version : OMG! just want aac -> m4a easily!

Unregistered
07-14-2004, 06:19 PM
all i want to do is convert existing AAC files (ripped with winamp pro) to M4A files so they play on my ipod. I know winamp pro does rip straight to m4a, but i ripped my whole collection in aac format before i found out.

I tried installed dbpoweramp converter, and the aac, and the aac/m4a plugins, and it still is not working. I keep getting an error that says code for aac is not installed, but when i look at the configuration screen, it says it's listed. What the heck am i doing wrong?!

Unregistered
07-14-2004, 06:22 PM
PS. Thanks in advance.

PSS. i rebooted my box, i thought that might get dbpoweramp converter to at least reinitialize (no luck)

PSSS. yea, i know, i should've tested after the first couple of rips, but winamp pro was so easy and fast to rip my cd's, i ripped all 300+ of my cd's before testing :(

Spoon
07-15-2004, 06:09 AM
Install the codecs at the bottom of the page, the ones that are specific to acc >> mp4 (they do it without converting).

Unregistered
07-15-2004, 06:12 PM
I have installed the codes (both the AAC, and the aac->m4a codecs) for whatever reason, dbpoweramp doesn't recognize that they are installed when i use the context menu. :( but when i use the configuration it lists them as installed.

Spoon
07-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Start dMC from Start >> Program Files >> dBpowerAMP Music Converter

(your aac file might have a different extension?)