PDA

View Full Version : Right-click "convert to" doesn't work

Unregistered
07-05-2002, 08:01 PM
With the release of 9a and the new WM8 codec, I'm finally able to convert .mp3's to .wma's successfully - before, I would get only a short burst of sound, then nothing from the converted file - had to use another prog for converting :-( Works beautifully now.

But I have a new problem - nothing happens when I right click on a .wav, .mp3 or .wma and select "convert to". I have to browse for the file and open it with dMC converter. I can live with this, but the right-click is just so convenient! Any suggestions? I'm using XP Pro.

Spoon
07-06-2002, 04:58 AM
Is the option in dMC Configuration checked that gives the Convert Tos?

Do you get the popup info-tips?

Unregistered
07-06-2002, 05:50 AM
Yes, it is checked, and I've tried unchecking and checking again. Even uninstalled and reinstalled, but no change. I do get the popup info tips, no problem there. I have the power pack, and am able to edit the tags from the ID tag tab in Properties - the right click "edit tag" doesn't work for me either :-(

Spoon
07-06-2002, 06:20 AM
Which program are your audio files associated with?

Unregistered
07-06-2002, 06:55 AM
WMP8, but I've just discovered the culprit. Apparently there is some sort of conflict with Power Desk Pro - when I uninstalled it, the DMC converter right-click functions work perfectly. Reinstalled, and they were lost again. Seems like a Power Desk issue :-(