PDA

View Full Version : problem with ogg vorbis

Big_uncle
07-04-2004, 06:40 PM
when converting an ogg vorbis file dBpoweramp asks to install Ogg Vorbis codec. It's installed and seen in the configuration. But still is is coming up with this message. I un-installed complete and installed everything again with the latest version from the internet. But still same message.

Please does anyone have a solution?

Razgo
07-04-2004, 06:50 PM
are you converting to or from ogg? if so from ogg to what format? or what format to ogg?

mebs
07-25-2004, 06:34 PM
I have the same problem. Trying to convert ogg->mp3. Installed ogg vorbis codec and ogg vorbis pentium 4 (I have P4). In config it says it can write ogg but not read, even though the codec download page states the codec should be able to do both. Trying to open an ogg-file, naturally the program whines about the missing codec and directs me to the download page.

Spoon
07-25-2004, 11:31 PM
The P4 codec is encoding only, you need the other as well.

xoas
07-25-2004, 11:32 PM
My guess is that your ogg vorbis codec (not the P4 version) is in the wrong spot. This is because the ogg P4 codec encodes only. So try reinstalling your ogg codec to the same file as your ogg P4 codec.
Should that not work uninstall both codecs, reinstall both taking care to intstall the P4 codec OVER the regular ogg codec (eg. install the regular one first).
Let us know how you make out.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

mebs
07-26-2004, 06:34 PM
The P4 codec is encoding only, you need the other as well.
I did mention I installed both of them from the beginning, though in the wrong order. The problem, however, was found elsewhere.

Not having the slightest clue how to uninstall the codecs, I uninstalled and reinstalled the dBpowerAMP (it still complained about codecs already being installed). During my previous post I forgot to mention that while installing ogg codec, it complained being unable to run MusicConverter.exe. It was looking in the wrong folder, as I didn't install dBpowerAMP in the default folder. After uninstalling and reinstalling in the default folder, everything works fine.

ChristinaS
07-27-2004, 12:25 AM
I did mention I installed both of them from the beginning, though in the wrong order. The problem, however, was found elsewhere.

Not having the slightest clue how to uninstall the codecs, I uninstalled and reinstalled the dBpowerAMP (it still complained about codecs already being installed). During my previous post I forgot to mention that while installing ogg codec, it complained being unable to run MusicConverter.exe. It was looking in the wrong folder, as I didn't install dBpowerAMP in the default folder. After uninstalling and reinstalling in the default folder, everything works fine.

You uninstall through Control Panel > Install/Uninstall Windows Components and you find there all the bits an pieces pertaining to the codecs for dBpowerAMP and all other related software (usually one after the other). That is of course assuming you're using Windows.