PDA

View Full Version : Perfeñt converting performance: WHAT is the way?

Splinty
07-02-2004, 04:29 PM
Hi guys!
It's obviously, that DBPowerAMP works COOL :)
I'd like to interest about common method of converting for example from something lossy (MP3, WMA, OGG) to something (no matter what)
Does dbPowerAMP decode file into sometning lossless like WAV ?
Or ot works somehow on-the-fly, creating decoding streams and encoding streams or what ?

Thanks in advance for answers!

ChristinaS
07-02-2004, 04:37 PM
Hi guys!
It's obviously, that DBPowerAMP works COOL :)
I'd like to interest about common method of converting for example from something lossy (MP3, WMA, OGG) to something (no matter what)
if DB decode file into sometning lossless like WAV ?
Or ot works somehow on-the-fly, creating decoding streams and encoding streams or what ?

Thanks in advance for answers!
I am not sure what exactly is your question.

Encoding is usually done from an unstreamed audio file.

If you encode a lossy format to lossless format you are not going to improve the quality, but sometimes you need to do this in order to encode to something else or to burn to an audio cd.

I believe that the encoder internally will first decode to a wav (if starting with a different format) and then encode the wav to something else (if necessary). I may be wrong, though, another internal format may be involved.

Splinty
07-03-2004, 07:06 PM
I am not sure what exactly is your question.
I believe that the encoder internally will first decode to a wav (if starting with a different format) and then encode the wav to something else (if necessary). I may be wrong, though, another internal format may be involved.
Yes, me to. It's standart approach.
The matter is that i've noticed, that converting is very quick, and proposed that it's somenthing KnowHow method... :cool: