PDA

View Full Version : Possible mp3 compatibility bug dMC r11/dAP 2?

xoas
06-28-2004, 09:45 PM
This is to report a possible compatibility bug between dMC r11 beta 2 and dAP r2. I developed a problem with dAP 2 stopping after playing mp3 files (would not proceed to next track). The problem was inconsistent (did not occur with each mp3 tune, might happen with a track one time but not the next) but frequent and it only happened with mp3 files, not ogg files or mpc files. This only happened after installing dMC r11 beta 2. Admittedly it did not happen immediately right after and I daresay there were other things I was doing to contribute to this and I am reluctant to conclude that that the dMC r11 beta installation was the ONLY factor in creating this problem (because if it was the ONLY factor I would think there would have been an outcry of people asking for help with it).
After some trial and error, including attempts to uninstall and reinstall dAP 2, clearing the dAP registry, and reinstalling dMC r10.1, and changing output settings, the problem was solved when I uninstalled dAP 2, rebooted and installed dAP r3 beta 5. What I had not tried was unstalling dAP 2, rebooting and then reinstalling dAP 2 (which might have worked as well).
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Spoon
07-04-2004, 08:58 AM
By stop you mean sit at the end of a track? Uinstalling an older version of dAP will overwrite the mp3 input codec (the newer mad mp3 codec from dMC R11).

xoas
07-04-2004, 10:10 AM
By stop you mean sit at the end of a track?
Yes.

Welcome back!
Bill Mikkelsen

Spoon
07-04-2004, 11:43 PM
Ok will look into it.