PDA

View Full Version : how do i change the temp file location?

dred fusion
06-27-2004, 05:29 PM
...when i try to convert i get an error because the program attempts to write to a temp file on a disc that has insufficient capacity. :(

xoas
06-27-2004, 11:45 PM
Are you talking about using dB CD Writer? Or are you talking about ripping with dMC?
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

dred fusion
06-29-2004, 01:31 PM
i'm talking about the dbpowerampmusicconverter... which links to the cdwriter...
it says it cannot write to c: drive... but i would like it to write to e: drive

xoas
06-29-2004, 09:30 PM
I think you are talking about specifying a different filepath for the Temp CD files that CD Writer makes to write your CD project.
I am going to tell you what you can try. I will first advise you not to try it. Were I in your shoes I would strongly consider the possibility of transferring some other programs and files to your other hard drive. My reason for this is because that CD allows you to specify a different filepath I am not sure that it can manage the task in a different hard drive (I am also not sure that it can't do it). When Spoon gets back he would know for sure.
Anyway, if you want to try this you need to specify this new filepath before you start your project. Open CD Writer, Click on the button that says "New" by the title Writing Audio. On the small window that opens up click on the button on the lower right that says "Create New CD". On the next window that opens up near the top you will see where you can specify a new filepath for writing your temporary files to. Then you will need to specify whether you are creating a standard CD or an mp3/wma cd and set the other parameters for the project. For a standard cd the only parameter you will need to set is the length of the cd. This will be saved by the program as a different project format. If you only have the default formats and you are creating a standard 80 minute cd then the default format will be listed as "Standard Audio CD 80 Minutes" and your new CD will be listed as "Standard Audio CD 80 Minutes *1". Then go ahead and convert your files and burn your cd.
Hope this helps. If you try this, please let us know how it turns out.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen