PDA

View Full Version : getting temp files onto the Audio CD?

el sombrero
06-26-2004, 03:09 AM
I got this far, I have all the temp .wav files in the folder under the C drive, but now I'm stuck...I would greatly appreciate any help here...

ChristinaS
06-26-2004, 03:22 AM
I got this far, I have all the temp .wav files in the folder under the C drive, but now I'm stuck...I would greatly appreciate any help here...

If your files are in the temp folder, you should use Windows Explorer to move them to another permanent folder and also rename them to more meaningful names, always preserving the original extension (.wav if that's what it was).

You'd better do this before your temp folder get emptied.

Once you have all those .wav files you can do anything you want with them, including burning them to an audio cd, or convert them to other formats like mp3 or wma or ogg or whatever you want.

Unregistered
06-26-2004, 09:42 AM
I tried to burn the tracks to an Audio CD-RW (80mins)...dbpoweramp says the songs will fit, but the CD says that all of the files are too large to fit...

thanks for the help already, but I think I need more...

el sombrero
06-26-2004, 09:43 AM
^whoops...forgot to sign in :o

Razgo
06-26-2004, 11:46 AM
can you tell us the steps you took to get this error? and copy past the exact error message here. which screen told you it wouldn't fit? are you running beta2?

xoas
06-26-2004, 12:58 PM
A couple of considerations.
First, on your dCW (dBpowerAMP CD Writer) screen does does the menu space below the Write button read Standard Audio CD 80 Minutes or does it read Standard Audio CD 74 minutes? (This probably is not the likely source of your problem but it is worth checking out).
Second, assuming you are correctly configured you need to assume that it will be very hard to even get as much as 78 minutes onto the cd since dCW creates 2 second gaps between tracks and some space is needed for formatting the disc.
The other factor is that the calculation of track length can and does get thrown off on occasion. When this occurs, dCW is prone to report that there is enough space on your cd to burn it but will prove unequal to the task.
Congratulations on using a cd-rw disc when you did. You just saved yourself a disc.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

el sombrero
06-27-2004, 04:42 AM
thanks for the help guys...I just deleted a couple of songs and it worked okay...