PDA

View Full Version : MP3 to AAC.. HELP! HELP! HELP!

zEke
06-20-2004, 05:23 AM
i got a new cellphone, nokia 3300.. i think that it'll kick ass if i got bunch of songs uploaded.. mp3 is way more bigger than aac.. i know that dBpowerAMP music converter is applicable, but it does not support AAC encoding.. just got MP3 [lame] and WAVE.. ive read also from another thread that he downloaded this codec thing.. there are a lotta codec there and i dunno which one will support this AAC thingy.. puleeeezzzz.. i need this badly.. puleeezzzz hit this thread soon guys aight?? tnx so much! peace..

xoas
06-20-2004, 08:13 AM
I have not worked with anything in the AAC format and I have not done what you are proposing to do. I hope the following will help:

Get the AAC decoder and encoder from codec central. Download and install (I assume you already have dB Music Converter). You can reach Codec Central through one of the Quick Links at the top of this page. There you will find AAC and mp4 codecs. You will need at least the AAC decoder and the AAC encoder.

Review this link re:another user's experience trying to convert tunes to a Nokia cell phone here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4777&highlight=phone

Also, Ferris has some useful links you may want to review before you start. these are:
www.wirelessadvisor.com
www.howardforums.com

So curb your enthusiasm so that you will be prepaered to address whatever roadblocks come your way. Good luck and have fun!
Bill Mikkelsen

Unregistered
07-08-2004, 09:57 AM
hey guys i need help here.. please help me... I have already the music converter and the AAC encoder and decoders but i still have a problem converting mp3 to AAC because the program still needs the "fastenc.exe" <-- Where can i get this??

<note> i didnt download the mp4 to AAC and AAC to mp4 thing located at the bottom of the "AAC encoder and decoder page"

Please help me... I have nokia 3300 as well.

thanks

xoas
07-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Which AAC encoder did you download? If you dowloaded and installed the Psytel codec you need to also install the AAC enc file over this. If you have already done this, then try installing the AAC to mp4/mp4 to AAC codec as well.
If you have not already done so, please review the first link posted above which provides some insight as to one user's experience and recommendations with the same kind of project with a Nokia cell phone.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Unregistered
07-08-2004, 04:47 PM
ok... i've got it all! thanks!

but i still have a problem... its about the file size. it seems that only the file name has been changed.

i need a smaller file size so that i can put more songs in my mobile.

please help me here...

xoas
07-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Two things:
1. When you convert your mp3 file, make sure the the dMC box that says "Delete Source Files After Conversion" is NOT checked. If it is checked your mp3 file will be lost and replaced by your new AAC file.

2. When you convert your mp3 file the dMC Window will have a box titled Preset/Bitrate. Use the menu to the right of this to set the bitrate. Your cell phone manual may give you some guidance here. Your smallest file size (at least with the Psytel Codec) will be 48 kbs. So try that or 56 kbs (try both and see if there's a qualitative difference.

If there is a way to achieve smaller AAC bitrates for cell phine usage, perhaps someone else can help.

Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Unregistered
07-09-2004, 10:13 PM
So.. I guess MP3 to AAC problems resolved. Thank you very much!!!
more power!!!

Unregistered
07-19-2004, 05:13 AM
So.. I guess MP3 to AAC problems resolved. Thank you very much!!!
more power!!!

I have a Nokia 6230 with the same problem.
It|s supposed to play both Mp3 and AAC. As Im a mac user (and then iTunes) i know all about AAC and wanted to use that on my phone, as it is smaller in size (Mb) and in my ears at the same quality as a 192 Kbps Mp3.

But I found out that the Nokia only plays a shitty AAC format (low bitrate and so on) (I dont know the details) but it sounds as the sound quality you get on the movies (3gp format - with audio set ti "speach"). So to set and end to the "how to get my phon loaded with great AAC music files" to rest here is what you do...

Buy a bigger MMC card - Forget AAC and load you phone with Mp3!

Thats it! :-)

Unregistered
10-15-2004, 04:29 PM
How do you convert mp3 to acc????
I still dont get it. I am trying to convert them on to my ipod. When ever I click on a mp3, itunes pops up but it does not play the song.

Do i need a acc converter to do this???

Thanks.

Croog
10-18-2004, 06:26 AM
How can I preserve ID3v1 from mp3 when I converting it to AAC??

Spoon
10-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Install the Mp4 encoder and decoder, then convert to mp4 (which is aac with tags).

Croog
10-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Install the Mp4 encoder and decoder, then convert to mp4 (which is aac with tags).
Hmm, thx. Winamp playies mp4 files well, id tags are still here (in different window then info about mp3). But my nokia 6230 don't know mp4 audio files. :( After convert mp4 to aac are id tags gone and winamp can't play these aac files.? Nokia yes, but without id tags.. :(

When i convert mp3 directly to AAC and manualy write id tags in winamp window "view file info.." (same asi mp3 file info), it's work good.

(sorry for my english)

hans-j�rgen
10-19-2004, 10:24 AM
When i convert mp3 directly to AAC and manualy write id tags in winamp window "view file info.." (same asi mp3 file info), it's work good.
Winamp uses ID3 tags with .aac files, and it seems that your Nokia phone can read them. If dBpowerAMP should behave like Winamp, it would be necessary to enable direct ripping/transcoding to .aac files instead of .mp4/.m4a files, because the MP4 container uses completely different tags (iTunes) that get lost when extracting .aac files from the MP4 container format. The Nokia phone neither understands .mp4 files nor their tagging format (unless it comes with an installed RealPlayer which might be able to decode at least .m4a files then).

Spoon
10-19-2004, 03:33 PM
dBpowerAMP will write APE2 tags to an aac file (there is no standard on tagging aac files).

Croog
10-19-2004, 04:35 PM
2 hans-j�rgen: You are right.

dBpowerAMP will write APE2 tags to an aac file (there is no standard on tagging aac files).
It's a pity. I tried Easy CD-DA Extractor too. It writes ID3v2 tags to AAC. After that, I must open each AAC file in winamp and click to "Copy to ID3v1", because my Nokia can read only ID3v1 tags...

But dbpoweramp is better software.. :(

hans-j�rgen
10-20-2004, 01:40 AM
It would be good if dBpowerAMP could choose the desired tagging format for .aac files like the CLI interface in foobar2000 can, because it's rather unlikely that Nokia and other mobile phone manufacturers like Sony Ericsson or Motorala will ever support APEv2 tags on .aac files. Is there a possibility to change the tagging format in a separate config file like you can do it for the file extensions when using FAAC for encoding? That would probably be the easiest and fastest solution, although adding a GUI option surely looks nicer. ;)

Croog
10-20-2004, 10:01 AM
It would be good if dBpowerAMP could choose the desired tagging format for .aac files like the CLI interface in foobar2000 can, because it's rather unlikely that Nokia and other mobile phone manufacturers like Sony Ericsson or Motorala will ever support APEv2 tags on .aac files. Is there a possibility to change the tagging format in a separate config file like you can do it for the file extensions when using FAAC for encoding? That would probably be the easiest and fastest solution, although adding a GUI option surely looks nicer. ;)
Yes, I completely agree. :)

And resolve problem, when Psytel AAC Codec crash sometimes.. :(

Spoon
10-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Noted, that codec needs to be updated to the new tagging standard that allows this.

Unregistered
10-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Is a mp3 a mpga???
Isn't it the same thing?

Unregistered
10-21-2004, 06:52 PM
does anyone know where i can get a acc converter???
my itunes do not convert my files into them :(

xoas
10-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Is a mp3 a mpga???
Isn't it the same thing?
No they are not.

xoas
10-22-2004, 01:01 PM
does anyone know where i can get a acc converter???

Do you mean an AAC converter?
If you do mean ACC converter can you tell me what type of program uses or creates these files?
And once we get straight on what file format we are talking about can you tell me whether you are trying to convert to or from these format and the format and settings for the other end of your conversion (for the files you are trying to convert to aac/acc/whatever or for the files you are trying to create from your aac/acc/whatever files).

Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Unregistered
10-22-2004, 10:25 PM
Do you mean an AAC converter?
If you do mean ACC converter can you tell me what type of program uses or creates these files?
And once we get straight on what file format we are talking about can you tell me whether you are trying to convert to or from these format and the format and settings for the other end of your conversion (for the files you are trying to convert to aac/acc/whatever or for the files you are trying to create from your aac/acc/whatever files).

Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

I want to make my "mps", "wavs", and other music files into acc music files and keep them as "acc files". I want to find a program to turn my files into "acc files". I really don't know how to convert music into different formats, I am just looking for a program which can convert my music into "acc files" or "mp3 files". Because none of my songs can be transferred into itunes. And "acc files" are better quaility then "mp3 files" right?

Even if its not "acc files" itunes can convert "mp3 files" into "acc files". I can either use "acc" converter (better so itunes does not become a pain in the ass" or "mp3" converter.

Thank you for your help guys or girls. =p

Unregistered
10-22-2004, 10:29 PM
I want to make my "mps", "wavs", and other music files into acc music files and keep them as "acc files". I want to find a program to turn my files into "acc files". I really don't know how to convert music into different formats, I am just looking for a program which can convert my music into "acc files" or "mp3 files". Because none of my songs can be transferred into itunes. And "acc files" are better quaility then "mp3 files" right?

Even if its not "acc files" itunes can convert "mp3 files" into "acc files". I can either use "acc" converter (better so itunes does not become a pain in the ass" or "mp3" converter.

Thank you for your help guys or girls. =p

Umm sorry i forgot. Its "aac" files. Thanks for correcting me becasue I was wondering what "aac" was. =p

I can use MP3 (32 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Audible, AIFF, Apple Lossless, WAV as the files to use on itunes.

THank you again guys or girls for your help.

xoas
10-22-2004, 10:59 PM
I have not worked with iTunes.
Will it not convert files in the formats you named to AAC?
It is not exactly true that AAC files are "better quality" than mp3 files. Both are considered "lossy" formats. AAC might provide better quality than an mp3 of the same bitrate if they both were ripped from the same source. On the other hand, an AAC file created by converting an mp3 file to AAC will actually be somewhat lower quality than the original mp3. So if iTunes will directly accept mp3 files, you are better off letting iTunes handle these as mp3 rather than converting them to AAC.

dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) will let you convert files to AAC if you have a codec to read the file and the AAC codec from Codec Central (link at top of page). You will also need to install the AAC/MP4 decoder if you want to maintain your tag information. (There may be a problem with iTunes reading your converted tag information). dMC also has a codec for Apple Lossless (which would create perfect copies of your original mp3 files but also take up a lot more space.

Hope this helps. Send us a post if you run into trouble.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Unregistered
10-25-2004, 06:33 PM
I have not worked with iTunes.
Will it not convert files in the formats you named to AAC?
It is not exactly true that AAC files are "better quality" than mp3 files. Both are considered "lossy" formats. AAC might provide better quality than an mp3 of the same bitrate if they both were ripped from the same source. On the other hand, an AAC file created by converting an mp3 file to AAC will actually be somewhat lower quality than the original mp3. So if iTunes will directly accept mp3 files, you are better off letting iTunes handle these as mp3 rather than converting them to AAC.

dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) will let you convert files to AAC if you have a codec to read the file and the AAC codec from Codec Central (link at top of page). You will also need to install the AAC/MP4 decoder if you want to maintain your tag information. (There may be a problem with iTunes reading your converted tag information). dMC also has a codec for Apple Lossless (which would create perfect copies of your original mp3 files but also take up a lot more space.

Hope this helps. Send us a post if you run into trouble.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Thanks alot.
All i had to do was just use dbpoweramp and change my files into mp3. Thanks for your help.

vijayks
03-29-2006, 08:57 AM
I want a converter which converts mp3 to aac

ChristinaS
03-29-2006, 10:02 AM
mp3 to aac converter
That's available, look in Codec Central.