PDA

View Full Version : DMC Album/Artist Input

desert rat
06-04-2004, 02:39 AM
I am converting Dat Tapes to Roxio Sound Editor, adding complete ID Tags (NEU), then burning to CD (these are compilations). I then use the CD to convert to Ogg and add to Iriver H-120 player, using dmc poweramp. I fill in the Artists and Album using [Artist][Album]. On some CD's I forgot the Album and/or Genre on the original burning. Even though I correct that in dmc adding album and editing tags as required. Sometimes I cannot locate the songs by Album on my player. Apparently the original NEU is not overridden by the dmcpoweramp settings, is that correct?
Any suggestions for making my end result (finding by Album in player DB) consistent.
I know this is complicated, I did my best in outlining the problem as simply as possible. Hoping someone will have suggestions so that I can "Do it the same way every time", Thanks.

xoas
06-15-2004, 09:58 PM
This may have nothing to do with your problem but it sounds enough like it that you may want to check it out. I have noted that some programs appear to rely as much or more upon file names than on the tag. So if your file names after your initial tagging are [Artist][Album], you may have to change the file names rather than (or in addition to) the id tags.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen