PDA

View Full Version : How do I install new skins?

Unregistered
06-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Dumb question but I can't seem to be able to get poweramp to recognize new skins I download. Firstly, where should I save the skin to? Maybe this will help me fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Razgo
06-03-2004, 01:54 PM
steps to take

1. download the skin.exe
2. double click on the skin.exe to start the installer
3. install to the root directory of where you installed dbpoweramp. example: program file\illustrate\dbpoweramp
4. the install when finished should start AMP with the new skin now.
5. if not , start amp and select menu-->skins , there you will see a menu to which skin you want displayed and if you want a different skin started each time you open amp.

xoas
06-03-2004, 02:00 PM
Skins should autoload to the skins folder in the dBpowerAMP folder in the Illustrate folder in your Program files.
You must first download the new skin and then open it.
To see if it has loaded, or any time you want to change to a specific skin you can either click on the Options Menu button of the skin you are using (if it has one) or you can call up the Options Menu by right-clicking anywhere (other than on a live button) of the skin. From the Options Menu, click on the Skins item (a little more than halfway down). There will appear a list of the skins you have loaded or dAP. If you want to switch to a new skin, find the skin you wish to switch to, click on it, and click the button that says Switch To. dAP will then switch to the skin you have selected.
From the Skins Menu you can also set up dAP so that it will open a new skin each time you start dAP, or to switch skins after a certain number of minutes, or never automatically switch skins.
Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Unregistered
06-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks guys, that should help me if I can get past my problem which seems to be that the skins are not downloading as .exe files. When I click on them I am asked what program to open them with. How can I get around this?

Unregistered
06-03-2004, 02:11 PM
Is there a skin installer that I need first? Sorry for the possibly obvious questions.

Razgo
06-03-2004, 02:31 PM
they should be an .exe file which is self opening. but if you downloaded a zip file then you need software to unzip like winrar.

what is the exact name of the skin file your downloading? it could be a skin that is not downloading properly. and supply a link the the skin also.
thanks.

Unregistered
06-03-2004, 03:06 PM
OK, I tried downloading the pioneer skin and the H2O skins both from the skin download page. The H2O link is
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/skins/censura.php?tsid=1&csid=25a3135cd158a265cd0df74f5f25f8bf&cmd=details&itemid=30&username=Xoas

Once I have downloaded these files, the computer doesn't recognize them as either exe or zip files. I tried opening them through winzip, but it doesn't recognize them either.

???

Razgo
06-03-2004, 03:16 PM
ok i re uploaded the pioneer skin. but the h20 skin worked ok for me.

hmmm.... not sure whats wrong though.

Unregistered
06-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Thanks anyway, The problem is that I am not downloading these as exe files :(

Oh well, I'll just stick with the original skin.

Razgo
06-03-2004, 04:25 PM
what is the size of the file downloaded, and have you tried right click and save as. or use a download manager? although a single click should work fine.

can you try and download the attatchment here and see if that works. the exe is inside the zip file.

Unregistered
06-03-2004, 04:50 PM
That one worked fine! I don't know why that one worked but not the others! I was actually trying to get the other pioneer one though.
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/skins/censura.php?tsid=1&csid=41e50eaecd8c681e522e6c83822d92c1&cmd=details&itemid=37&csid=41e50eaecd8c681e522e6c83822d92c1

I did try right clicking and save as, but it didn't work.

Razgo
06-03-2004, 05:16 PM
ok i dont know why then. must be your system and browser?

here is the other pioneer:

Unregistered
06-03-2004, 05:20 PM
OK thanks very much for your help. Much appreciated. If it's a pain in the arse then don't worry about it but would you mind posting the H20 and/or brushed steel skins on here for me? If not, that's cool, your help has been great. Thanks.

Razgo
06-03-2004, 06:01 PM
here you go.

Unregistered
06-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Cheers!