PDA

View Full Version : How do I set to recognize cassette songs as tracks

Unregistered
06-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Okay I have the auxiliary plug in and I am having no problem recording from my cassette deck to my PC. But...what are the normal settings that work for others that make the recording stop and start (due to sound level) when the line in is playing a cassette tape? I know how to find the option ..just do not know what settings to put it on. The default as well as the settings i tried myself, do not stop and start at the right points, resulting in incomplete song files.
I have a cassette with 18 original songs on it that I need to put on my PC so that I can put it onto a CD. That is why I need it separated into 18 song files.(tracks) thanks for any help!

Wayne
06-01-2004, 10:55 PM
I think it all depends on the quality of the recording and how low the sound level goes down to between tracks. I think that you'll need to experiment until you get settings that work for you.

Do you have the powerpack installed? It allows you to input proper track lengths so that the Auxiliary Input has a better idea of when to start looking for gaps between tracks.

Wayne

drspy00
06-02-2004, 02:10 AM
You could just record each song individually, just pause the tape in between. or you could split the file into tracks after using an audio editor such as audacity.

Razgo
06-03-2004, 02:01 PM
yes, if you know the track lengths i would use "smart track length" option. but it does require the powerpack.