PDA

View Full Version : DVP Amp wont work with my ipod!!!

i_wheeldon
05-19-2004, 04:20 AM
I have a 40gig ipod and ive downloaded DVP AMP and the ipod software and installed both of them. It detects my ipod no problem but when i load it up, or try to copy files to my ipod it says

'Warning, Ipod database is either empty, or corrupt. Create new database?'

I click yes but nothing happens, As any1 else had this problem and could any1 help me with this problem as i want to use DVP AMP cause i have all my music sorted in folders and iTunes just doesnt let you do it without using playlists which is anoying when you have 30gig and alot of files aint got TAGS, Especially DJ Sets. I aint got 2 weeks to create playlists for everything.

Thanks and hope some1 can help me

Spoon
05-19-2004, 07:25 AM
Try this:

Open Sveta Explorer (the iPod icon on the desktop), it should say the message above, then click >> Extras >> iPod Properties.

Does it show the firmware version for your ipod?

i_wheeldon
05-21-2004, 04:26 AM
Yes. It says 2.2.

Although i had the problem when it was on 2.1 as well. Dont know whats causing it

Spoon
05-21-2004, 05:40 AM
Does the iPod have any audio tracks? or is it empty?

You should also try the new iPod driver + Sveta here:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4628

Spoon
05-21-2004, 05:42 AM
Oh yes, after clicking yes, try adding audio files to the iPod - Rip a CD direct to the iPod (mp3 format, or mp4 if you have installed one of those codecs).

i_wheeldon
05-21-2004, 06:45 AM
Honestly mate, Your a star. It works with the new driver.

Thanks for your help :thumbup:

EDIT!!!

Can you copy folders off your(my) comp to the ipod directly without creating playlists like you carn't do in itunes. My music is sorted into folders but i want to copy the folders to the ipod so they show in playlists without creating the playlists which will take weeks!!!!

Probly sound think but do you get what im trying to say

Thanks for your help anyways boss :komisch12

i_wheeldon
05-22-2004, 01:49 AM
Any 1 tell me if its possible to copy folders to my ipod without creating playlists cause all my music is sorted into folders, Is this possible with DBPower amp???? If so, how, i carnt seem to do it!!!!

Spoon
05-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Can you give me an example?

say your audio was in:

\Artist 1\trackxxx.mp4
\Artist 1\trackxxx1.mp4
\Artist 2\trackxxx2.mp4

You want to copy those tracks to the iPod without creating playlists? what do you mean by playlist? the iPod arranges files into artist, album selections.

i_wheeldon
05-27-2004, 07:42 AM
Sorry i took so long reply

My music is in my

my documents\my music

sorted into artists. i.e

my documents\my music\surgeon
my documents\my music\luke vibert etc etc

when i tell DBpower amp to copy to portable device, it copys the files over, but my ipod doesnt display them.

Say i create a folder called 'surgeon' on the ipod and copy all the files out of my 'surgeon' folder on my comp, when i take the ipod off the dock it still says its empty. am i being stupid here and missing the whole idea or is it something that i carnt do.

I just want to copy the folders to my ipod, and for it to pick up the folder names so to speak, Alot of my music doesnt have tags on them to identify artists etc cause there dj mixes, I dont fancy going through them all either.

Sorry be a blag but i just want it to pick up all my tunes in catagories without me sorting them cause it will take weeks

Thanks for your help ;)

kookoobirdz
05-27-2004, 04:32 PM
I've never used DBpowerAMP or Sveta to send files to a portable device, but I'll tell you what I know about iPod in general. Spoon will know more about this stuff, so take his word over mine.

With that said, it sounds like what you may be doing is unwittingly using iPod as a hard drive. That's one of its functions, but it's not the same as loading music onto it for playback. For example, I had to make room on my laptop recently, so I moved 6gb of files to a folder on my iPod temporarily. This doesn't effect the music that's on there simultaneously, nor does it show up in iPod's menus anywhere. In that respect, it's just an external dumb hard drive. When you make a folder on iPod and add something to it in this way, it's separate from the music. So even though you're adding music files, I think you may be adding them in a storage/hard-drive sort of way. When you load things through iTunes, they register as playable music on iPod. Don't know anything about Sveta, but it sounds like it can also do what iTunes does in that respect. As for your music having no tags, that may be a real problem. I think that's the only way iPod and iTunes operate. If your music has no tags at all, iTunes should at a minimum assign the filename as the song title. If your filenames have a bit more info, and it is in a somewhat standardized pattern (e.g. [artist] [album] [song]), DBpowerAmp has a tag-from-filename utility if you've got the PowerPack installed. You can find it in Codec Central. That'd be one way to automate things and be able to populate more tag fields. Check it out.

PS - I'm sure I've seen shareware/freeware out there somewhere that can create folders and subfolders based on filenames or vice versa. If you ran something like that against your folders and files, you could then use DBPowerAmp's tag-from-filename to populate your tags with more info. Just a theory. It also sounds like you need to read a bit more of your iPod/iTunes instructions, though. No offense intended. Just the way you're talking about playlists doesn't sound quite right in terms of how you load music onto iPod.

Unregistered
06-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Thanks mate, No offence taken.

Basically its impossible to put my music which is sorted perfectly fine onto my ipod off my computer though because they've decided that they want to do it a right old cock eyed way!!! so im going to have to spend weeks now sorting it all out!!! The ipod is by far the best out there with out a doubt but this is a MAJOR! problem that they've created for themselves if you ask me. Im sure they'll be many many more people out there that have this problem!

Thanks for your help guys though, Ive got alot of sorting out to do now :(