PDA

View Full Version : DSPeffects help!!!!

moneylee
06-24-2002, 09:09 PM
ok in the folder DSPEffects.. I see alot of effects.. but I don't know how to use them.. are you to have the dBpowerAMP Audio Player to use them...??? cuz I wonna use the effect Voice Removal (Karaoke).dll.. but I don't know how too.. please help

MODatic
06-24-2002, 11:09 PM
The DSP effects are only usable in dBpowerAMP Music Converter, so if you want to use voice removal, you're going to have to convert the songs that you want to use it on. DSP effects can be accessed through right-clicking on a audio file and clicking "Convert To" then clicking on Power Pack DSP which is located just above the "Preserve ID Tags" checkbox.

Unregistered
01-12-2003, 08:49 AM
So where is more help to the dsp-effects?
i.e. I can't get the "volume fade" to work...

also, where is the m3u-playlist export thing?

Unregistered
01-12-2003, 09:13 AM
What is thid effect ?
Please make dsp-effects detail help.
And I hope correspond Japanese....

Unregistered
01-14-2003, 06:31 AM
there is help on dsp, I found it:

/insallationpath/dBpowerAMP/Help/dMC/dMC/dsp.htm

...still I don't get the fade-thing to work...

also I found the m3u thing, it's in the power option at the top right (click the rocket).
Spoon, you really have to work on the GUI - sometimes it is really not clear what i can click and what not.

Unregistered
01-14-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
What is thid effect ?
Please make dsp-effects detail help.
And I hope correspond Japanese....

it says in the helpfile, that it is needed to transfer files between Mac and Windows computers...

Davido
01-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Will any of these effects allow me to remove the silence
between tracks when I rip a live concert cd to individual
MP3 tracks? If so, how do I do this?

Spoon
01-09-2005, 10:56 AM
The tracks are already split? into multiple mp3s.

Smoggy
03-27-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm having a little trouble with the Normalizer. I get loud clicks when I Multiply the output above x1.25 using the fixed Normalization method. But at this level the increase in volume isin't as loud as I would like it. I get similar results in Simple and Adaptive. Any tips would be appreicated.

Thanks
Smogg

Spoon
03-27-2005, 06:20 PM
That is the maximum your audio can go - any clicking is clipping.

Smoggy
03-27-2005, 11:18 PM
I was able to get a little more volume out of it using the EQ.

sia26
08-21-2005, 05:11 PM
I had dsp true speech
then my computer crashed last week, so I downloaded db converter.
Got all the codecs but i couldn't find dsp true speech.
Am I looking in the wrong places? LOL
Thanks in advance for any help
Sia 26 Australia

ChristinaS
08-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Is thsi what you're looking fro? http://www.webhazard.com/html/dsp_tru_speech.html
I don't think it's got anything in particular to do with dB - but I've not read the whole thing. It depends on what you need it for I guess.

JessiKa
11-06-2005, 04:08 AM
ok in the folder DSPEffects.. I see alot of effects.. but I don't know how to use them.. are you to have the dBpowerAMP Audio Player to use them...??? cuz I wonna use the effect Voice Removal (Karaoke).dll.. but I don't know how too.. please help

I have a other problem but by the same nature: DSPEffects. ;)
I want to use the remove silence DSP, but it isn't work correctly, itīs cutting at -4.0 dB and what ever I will take into the Option-dialog it will reseted to -4.0dB.

Thnx4sup!

xoas
11-06-2005, 09:14 AM
Do you mean -4.0 dB (which is 63% of maximum) or 4.0% of maximum (-28 dB)?
The dB and % of maximum settings are interdependent. You cannot change one value (dB or % of maximum) without the other automatically changing. This could be one source of your problem.

Are you using any other DSP effects? Do you have the option checked to remove DSP effects after each conversion?

Is this re-setting occuring while you have the dialog box open for the Remove Silence DSP effect, or does it occur while you are in a different DSP effect dialog box, or is it re-setting during a batch conversion or between individual conversions?

Best wishes,
Bill

JessiKa
11-12-2005, 04:12 PM
Do you mean -4.0 dB (which is 63% of maximum) or 4.0% of maximum (-28 dB)?
The dB and % of maximum settings are interdependent. You cannot change one value (dB or % of maximum) without the other automatically changing. This could be one source of your problem.

Are you using any other DSP effects? Do you have the option checked to remove DSP effects after each conversion?

Is this re-setting occuring while you have the dialog box open for the Remove Silence DSP effect, or does it occur while you are in a different DSP effect dialog box, or is it re-setting during a batch conversion or between individual conversions?

Best wishes,
Bill
The error steps on if I an option adjusts and then uses.
It cuts too much off (at -4,0 dB).
With the next use the kind of settings is set back.
Other Plugins keeps my setting.
Resetting takes effect directly, all the same which I try.
Yes, I use also different effects, normalize and DC-offset.
I tried already everything one after the other.
I think it's the Plugin?

Greetz,
Jessi

xoas
11-12-2005, 04:49 PM
I do not see this type of behavior on my system.
In what order (from top to bottom of your window of active DSP effects) are you applying your DSP's (DC offset, volume normalization, and Remove Silence)?
What settings are you using for DC-offset and Volume Normalization?

I ask on the theory that perhaps some of your DSP settings might be over-ridong other of your settings. If this is the case, then anyone using those settings should run into the same problem. In this case, clearing your other DSP effects from your active list might correct the problem.

Best wishes,
Bill

Spoon
11-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Make sure you have R11.5 as this DSP was updated for that version, as a note I can set 0.1% (-60.1 db) click OK then go back into dsp effects and that value has stuck.

JessiKa
11-14-2005, 06:47 AM
Make sure you have R11.5 as this DSP was updated for that version, as a note I can set 0.1% (-60.1 db) click OK then go back into dsp effects and that value has stuck.

Okay. It's running!
But why I can't set it under 0.1% in extreme example to 0.02% whit 96,3 dB?

Greetz,
Jessika :confused:

Spoon
11-14-2005, 03:56 PM
If there is a need for such low values I can note down as a request.

JessiKa
11-19-2005, 05:23 AM

It would be nice! :)

MrVideo
11-25-2005, 12:40 AM

That low of a value doesn't work. I screwed up and used the default value and had hours of work wasted. My fault for not checking the results. The .1% value seems to work.

But, I have a better idea. Except for CDs that have the music run together on purpose, the standard CD has a forced 2 second break between songs. Why not have an option box to just chop 2 seconds from the end of a song, which will override the level setting (if the option isn't ticked, then setting levels is used)?

I believe that just chopping 2 seconds is safer than trying to guess what level to use. If it isn't, please tell us why.

xoas
11-25-2005, 07:53 AM
I have assumed, perhaps wrongly, that Jessika had other reasons for applying the Remove Music DSP, My reason for this assumption is that when you rip music from CD using dBpowerAMP Music Converter the two seconds of silence between tracks is automatically removed. Therefore there is no need to use the Remove Silence DSP for that purpose.
There are tracks, however, that may have a lengthy, mostly subaudible, intro or ending sections. Also tracks may have been recorded from analog sources where there may have been extra dead space at the beginning and/or end of tracks introduced in the recording process. These are situations in which I find the Remove Silence DSP most useful.

Best wishes,
Bill

MrVideo
11-25-2005, 02:40 PM
My reason for this assumption is that when you rip music from CD using dBpowerAMP Music Converter the two seconds of silence between tracks is automatically removed. Therefore there is no need to use the Remove Silence DSP for that purpose.
There are tracks, however, that may have a lengthy, mostly subaudible, intro or ending sections. Also tracks may have been recorded from analog sources where there may have been extra dead space at the beginning and/or end of tracks introduced in the recording process. These are situations in which I find the Remove Silence DSP most useful.

I did some random sampling of songs that I ripped before turning on Silence and sure enough, many ended right at zero. Some at -2 and another at -1.

I hereby remove my suggestion to add an option to remove the 2 seconds.

But, what about live songs that are on CDs where there isn't a two-second gap? How does one turn off the two-second silence removal in this case?

xoas
11-25-2005, 04:24 PM
As I understand it, any CD there is actually a marker that marks the end of each track. This is true whether one track seems to flow seamlessly to the next, whether there is a fixed 2 second gap between tracks, or whether some tracks have gaps between them and others do not. So the ripping software is not having to remove any gap.

In general, I believe this is how it works although the specifics of the technology may be off.

Best wishes,
Bill

MrVideo
11-25-2005, 05:49 PM
In general, I believe this is how it works although the specifics of the technology may be off.

Thanks, I appreciate the info.

BTW, I have the silence removal set for .1% at 250ms.