PDA

View Full Version : Can it burn RealOne rm Audio files?

Coward
05-16-2004, 01:26 AM
I have a bunch songs saved on my hardrive and i realy want to burn them.
i have external cd burner/writed but it can't burn Real Audio files [or also known as Rm/ram files] because it doesn't support these files. I can only burn mp3, wave, winamp, and several other files but not "Rm" files. Now i have gone through the whole forum and support FAQs and didn't find an answer to this question. I want to know if this dbpowerAMP Cd Writed and dBpowerAMP Music Converted can convert Real Audio files into mp3 files or if i can basically burn them using this software?..... any help is appreciated.
Ron

Spoon
05-16-2004, 09:40 PM
You are trying to create a CD that will play in normal CD players?

Unregistered
06-25-2004, 10:20 PM
I think i've got the same problem.... i can't burn anything from Real player. I just want to create a normal CD for cd player (they say "the file does not exist" format-streaming... for my .ram and .mp3 audio files!).
I need some help, please! Thanks

xoas
06-28-2004, 11:29 AM
If you have a Real Audio file dMC will not recognize it unless you have both Real Player v 8 or above, and if you have the Real Audio codecs installed (one for reading Real Audio files, one for encoding to .ra format).
So your first step is to download and install those codecs.
Be aware that dMC is not set up to convert streaming audio (at least not at this time). So you have to store your Real Audio files somewhere.
Be aware that the current decoding codec for Real Audio will only convert in real time (the time it takes each file to play if you were to listen to it). Spoon did have plans to update the Real Audio decoder but this hasn't reached the top of his to-do list yet.
Be aware that you may not be able to decode copy-protected Real Audio files (although if they are copy protected you could try to record them off your soundcard as you play them).
But if you were bent on wanting to burn a cd with audio files recorded in Real Audio .ra format you can do so with dB CD Writer. You would have to set it up as an mp3/wma cd (which can actually be any other format that you can encode with dMC-you could burn discs of ogg files, or FLAC, or any other format that you have dB encoding codecs for). It certainly would not be my format of choice but you should be able to do it. Were I to have a bunch of Real Audio files I would convert them to something else.Please note that the Real Audio encoding codec will only encode to .ra.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

the quest
06-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Hello,

It is not possible to burn .rm files into a cd. .rm files are just links to play the songs. They dont actually get completely downloaded to your computer. But if you have a Real Player v10.5(thats the latest one) you could always goahead and burn .ra tracks. Also just to let you know having a free version of Real Player will not help you in converting .ra files. It depends on , where you had actually downloaded the tracks from. If , incase you have downloaded tracks from 3rd party websites there could always be a license attached to the files or to make it simple the tracks will be protected.

If the tracks are purchased from the Real Player Store then you can always goahead and burn the .ra (.rax) tracks on to audio cd. Then it is possibble to rip the cd back into any desired format.

Thats all as far as the .ra tracks and the Real Player is concerned.

Thank You,
The Quest.

ChristinaS
06-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Hello,

It is not possible to burn .rm files into a cd. .rm files are just links to play the songs. They dont actually get completely downloaded to your computer. But if you have a Real Player v10.5(thats the latest one) you could always goahead and burn .ra tracks. Also just to let you know having a free version of Real Player will not help you in converting .ra files. It depends on , where you had actually downloaded the tracks from. If , incase you have downloaded tracks from 3rd party websites there could always be a license attached to the files or to make it simple the tracks will be protected.

If the tracks are purchased from the Real Player Store then you can always goahead and burn the .ra (.rax) tracks on to audio cd. Then it is possibble to rip the cd back into any desired format.

Thats all as far as the .ra tracks and the Real Player is concerned.

Thank You,
The Quest.

Actually it's the .ram files that are the meta files to real media .rm or .ra.

You amy have mis-saved a downlaoded fiel as .rm and in fact it is a .ram. The payer will play it anyway, but it's not convertible as such. Edit the file in Notepad to se the actual real media file and its address.

If the file appearing in teh emta file has an address prefixed by rtsp:// instead of http:// , then you cannot download it anway, as it's from a streaming real media server.

What you may be also having however are various flavors of protected real media files. .rax or other extensions. Those cannot be converted by anyhting.

If your Real Player can and will burn the files to audio cd, you can rip the cd back into unprotected files of any format you like.

If you can play a file in any player, even if you cannot convert it as such, you can record it using dMC Auxiliary Input into any other format you like.