PDA

View Full Version : Sveta Beta Discussions

Spoon
05-10-2004, 06:18 AM
Please post everything relating to the New Sveta beta here.

Unregistered
05-17-2004, 04:00 PM
Running R5B2a w/ RioEvo

Num
05-21-2004, 05:44 AM
Ipod auto dismount when closing Sveta doesn't seem to work Spoon - using the r5b2a version with the lastest Ipod driver. The new Explorer is excellent though! Also, I can't seem to find a 1.4 updater from the Apple link you gave!
Am I missing something? :(

Spoon
05-22-2004, 10:27 PM
@Num:

Which Windows version? which iPod generation? (generation 1?) and which method do you connect with (USB or Firewire)? Does nothing happen? the display on the iPod does not say 'save to remove'?

The 1.4 update is all now within one install called (I think) iPod update - it is about 19MB!! and it will update any iPod.

Num
05-22-2004, 11:24 PM
Hey Spoon, thanks for the reply.

Using XP Pro; Gen 2 20gb; Firewire connection. Nothing happens when I close Sveta, still get the "Do Not Disconnect" on the pod, so had to dismount through Windows. Previous Sveta worked fine. Cheers for the pointer on the 1.4 updater. I'll try again after the update.

Num

PS - I've also noticed the spinning drive symbol in the top left of the display is going all the time its connected to Sveta - it didn't show on previous version unless it was actually gaining an upload. The hard drive is definately whirring away!!

Num
05-23-2004, 12:07 AM
Hey Spoon, thanks for the reply.

Using XP Pro; Gen 2 20gb; Firewire connection. Nothing happens when I close Sveta, still get the "Do Not Disconnect" on the pod, so had to dismount through Windows. Previous Sveta worked fine. Cheers for the pointer on the 1.4 updater. I'll try again after the update.

Num

PS - I've also noticed the spinning drive symbol in the top left of the display is going all the time its connected to Sveta - it didn't show on previous version unless it was actually gaining an upload. The hard drive is definately whirring away!!

OK - I'm a berk - hadn't ticked "Auto Dismount" in Extras! :o Updated to 1.4 and the HD is still spinning when connected, even when Sveta isn't active - bit odd.

rupa
06-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Running beta with a Rio Cali 256mb with a 256mb SD card.

Issues encountered:

Playlists cannot span internal/external memory nor can I create a playlist on the external memory. The Rio manager software can do this so the hardware is capable of it.

I guess thats it -- I didn't try much more since the playlist support is how I get audiobooks to play cleanly on this device...

Spoon
07-04-2004, 08:42 AM
I am currently limited by the current Rio SDK for playlist creation (RMM does not use their own SDK so does not have problems), it is a case of wait for a new SDK.

Unregistered
07-07-2004, 07:58 PM
I'm not sure if it's supposed to work, but there is no playlist support for the Rio Riot with the latest Sveta beta.

Also, I just deleted all the files off my riot, and when I pressed the "refresh" button it didn't recognize that all the files had gone, I had to restart Sveta.

I like the new column view thing though!

Ed

Spoon
07-08-2004, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the bug pointer.

Playlists are not supported through Sveta and the Riot (there should be no playlist tab in Sveta?)

Unregistered
07-13-2004, 08:20 AM
Hi,

I'm testing Sveta R5 Beta (SvetaPortableAudio-r5b4.exe) and I want to thank you for writing it - it saved me from returing the damned device to the shop.

No more DMM for me - Sveta Beta is at least 25 times better.

Although I like using it to copy my music, I adore the function of just searching the device for audio tracks that are on it.

I only had two crashes, both times when I deleted a lot of files with many other processes running in XP SP1. That definitely does not stop me from using it - it's fast and easy to use.

Keep up the excellent work,
SoFarUnregistred

Unregistered
07-16-2004, 09:18 PM
I'm a bit confused here, Spoon.

In your 'Sveta Portable Audio Release 5 Beta' thread you linked several drivers for different devices. In post *10 you say you added support for the HDD100. Is this the Philips HDD100 or for the Mpio HD100 (*note, only one D in Mpio HD100).

This possible typo is causing me some confusion. I have a Philips HDD100 and would love to use this program instead of the somewhat unhandy DMM software.

Thanks, and good luck with your wonderful software.

Spoon
07-17-2004, 04:05 AM
Sorry it is the mpio hd100, there are discussions about adding hdd100/120 support.

Unregistered
07-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Using the Hdd060 with the Beta release, its way better than the nightmare of DMM, only thing i couldn't get to work was the auto dismount, but i couldn't care less - no more DMM!!

Thanks Spoon

Spoon
07-21-2004, 08:05 AM
What did auto dismount do? nothing? did the HDD060 disappear from explorer after using it?

_Matt
07-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Spoon even Phillips cant get thier dismount to work in DMM 3.0 it doesnt disconnect and the windows dismount icon is still active and it shows up in explorer so it only deactivates the link it doesnt dismount the device .

Sir.B
07-22-2004, 05:34 AM
works ok
some times crashes
also when i add device, i don't see the pictures, just icon files. (that may be my machine setting)

i can't move tracks up or down.

i love spoon tho :)

puntloos
07-22-2004, 06:01 AM
OK started using latest sveta and ipod plugin now.

First impressions:

You're now allowing us to fully specify the ipod directory to use for music! Yay! No more Ipod_Control :komisch9: All my wishes come true

One thing though: maybe I've missed the option but 'search entire ipod for songs' is a bit overkill here. I realise that now you need to catch it all but if I accidentally have a game installed, or something else that has 'loose' audio files in there, we get a nice honking explosion sound somewhere during our playback :)

My suggestion: make 2 entryboxes:

1/ BASE DIR (In my case I'd put /Music here, /Ipod_Control/Music would be the default)
2/ The format of file creations. You know, [artist]/[album]/[trackno xx] - [trackname] (hey can you add that one to the default list, your 'longest' default is redundant, the artistname twice in there.)

Also, is it perhaps possible to only save changes on exit? I don't know if it'll be a big deal to implement, but sometimes people make mistakes.. 'are you sure to save changes' might be useful.

Other than that it seems to work so far!

Addendum: Yay! ITunes works with my music at /Music - excellent! Same with Ephpod (I doubt I'll be needing that one anymore, but I needed it - I thought- to empty the entire old ipod DB. (since I moved the Music dir to the root dir)

Spoon
07-22-2004, 08:11 AM
The option to search all is on the iPod Properties page.

>[artist]/[album]/[trackno xx] - [trackname]

Just set
Music\[artist]/[album]/[trackno xx] - [trackname]

or Ipod_Control/Music/[artist]/[album]/[trackno xx] - [trackname]

Spoon
07-22-2004, 08:13 AM
works ok
some times crashes
also when i add device, i don't see the pictures, just icon files. (that may be my machine setting)

i can't move tracks up or down.

i love spoon tho :)

Do the crashes seem random?

The only way to move tracks up or down is through a playlist.

About the pictures, you search for Rio and it lists lots or icons on the right side? are these the pictures?

boris@looserz.c
07-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Do the crashes seem random?
so far yes. i don't get to use it much cuz 256MB is just alot for me, and i don't tier of my selections that easy.

The only way to move tracks up or down is through a playlist.
i figured that out, not even Rio's software lets u do that. if Sveta does alow this that will be a bonus.

About the pictures, you search for Rio and it lists lots or icons on the right side? are these the pictures?
yes, thats what i was talking about

Spoon
07-23-2004, 03:27 AM
The Icons should have a small image? select the chiba one for your player (you need the new chiba driver).

puntloos
07-25-2004, 01:36 AM
The option to search all is on the iPod Properties page.

I know this :) My point is that it searches the ENTIRE ipod, which takes a long time with an ipod cluttered with (for example) office 2003 install.

If you allow the user to specify the 'base directory' to search and place new music in then the program will only search what I want it to search and not include office 2003's "new mail" sound in my on the road playlists. Gave me a nice scare and some mental trauma. ;)

Just set
Music\[artist]/[album]/[trackno xx] - [trackname]
or Ipod_Control/Music/[artist]/[album]/[trackno xx] - [trackname]

Again, I know.. my point was that redundancy sucks IMHO so the last and longest option of your defaults should lose the artistname :P (thereby conforming to the puntloos standard heh) anyway this is a matter of preference I guess.

puntloos
07-29-2004, 02:45 AM
Addendum: I noticed that double-clicking on the various naming selections causes the system to remove the "ipod control' bit.

personally I don't mind but its yet another argument for my 2 entryboxes suggestion :) - one for the base dir, and one for the various dir naming schemes that reside in there..

Also, I dont think sveta deletes the dirs that are empty.. perhaps you can make an option that causes sveta to 'check if after deleting files the source dir is empty and if so delete dir'?

KGB
07-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Hello :komisch9:,

I have with the beta5r5 for Sveta and hdd060 a little graphic bug.
If i slide up or down with the slider in the player song list.
I have the player picture in the background that get trashed.
It's trashed up or down, depending the way you go with the slider.

Cheers.

_Matt
07-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Yeah kgb I get the same bug pretty minor though compared to the bugs that are still in DMM .

KGB
07-30-2004, 07:47 PM
Hello,

Yes, minor bug, but a bug. :p
I don't use anymore DMM, and i will not. :komisch12

On the other hand, there is another problem.
If you upload songs to the hdd60, disconnect it with out closing Sveta,
the database is not correctly updated.
And after closing Sveta, if you disconnect to fast the device from the usb you get an error message.
Would be good to have some kind of security check and windows that display some infos.
Like, if Sveta is open, "Device removed, database will not be updated or will be corrupted..."
After closing Sveta a windows that is open for some seconds "Don't disconnect, updating database..."

Cheers.

Spoon
08-01-2004, 03:41 AM
Really that was what the auto dismount option was for, if Philips had written their usb driver correctly then all files would be correctly written to the player, but I am thinking that has problems (the same works well on the ipod, with a few problems with certain firewire cards).

KGB
08-01-2004, 04:59 AM
Hello Spoon,

After some more playing around...

Ok, but auto dismount should work only if you close Sveta, right ?
But that don't work at my place, for sure and every time i try.
Can it be that a window xp setting can make trouble ?

For sure too, if you disconnect the device and let Sveta open, then the database is not updated.

Hum, Philips, after DMM there would be no surprise that the usb driver is faulty.

Can you not make a Little workaround for that ?
If you can make something like i told in my last post, that would be +1.
So the user get some info and don't wonder what was done. :D

Cheers.

Spoon
08-03-2004, 08:24 AM
Yes only if you close sveta, realistically a timer box would be no good as I don't know the caching time for each system (some might be 1 second, others 30 seconds). Although windows should say 'delayed write error' if it is unplugged too soon.

KGB
08-03-2004, 10:56 PM
Hello,

I started again to fast disconnect and...
Yes windows complain and after some more fast unplugging Sveta too. LOL
Don't remember all ready seen this error from Sveta.
But that is exactly wath i asked for. :komisch9:

Thanks for your time.

Cheer,

Ps: Is there no complain from Sveta if the device is disconnected and Sveta is open ? :p

Spoon
08-04-2004, 06:04 AM
Good point (about complaining).

Wetzel
08-24-2004, 07:51 PM
ok, i'm having a problem using the drag n' drop feature of sveta portable audio with monkey's audio files.

i'm using sveta release 5 beta 6
dMC release 10.1
powerpack 3 trial
Monkey's Audio Release 7 (although the only files i've tested were monkey's audio 3.97 i think)
Transferring to an iPod Mini (using the beta driver)
lame (Lame.exe) 3.93.1 (the command line one here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp3-lame.htm )

What happens is i have Sveta Explorer set to do smart conversions, if it's an mp3/aac it leaves it alone, but if it's an ape file, it converts it with lame using the now common command line " -V5 --athaa-sensitivity 1"

What happens when I drag the files in is that the file tags get dropped and the "title" of the track in the database driven ipod becomes the filename, and all other metadata is lost.

Now, if I select the same files, right click, and tell it to send it to the ipod using the same lame.exe with the same command line, not using the explorer, it retains the metadata without a problem.

can anyone else reproduce this?

Spoon
08-25-2004, 05:53 AM
What happens if you remove all smart conversions (so it converts always), and drop some mp3 files in Sveta Explorer, they should convert to mp3, do the tags copy over?

Wetzel
08-25-2004, 03:05 PM
no, the tag was not retained.

even when doing mp3 to mp3 the lame.exe plugin doesn't copy the tags

but just now i tested your built in lame plugin, that doesn't allow custom command line options, and it passed the tags to the ipod and on sveta without a problem.

Spoon
08-26-2004, 08:15 AM
Odd, it should create the mp3 then tag it later, try converting something to mp3 lame.exe and make sure the preserve tag option is checked.

Wetzel
08-26-2004, 10:04 AM
ah-ha, wow, i must've not noticed, i think preserve ID tags was off.
no wonder . . .

thansk, and sorry to bother you.

Wetzel
08-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Update.
actually it seems that when using the lame.exe codec, just converting like normal in dbpoweramp (10.1 that came with sveta) id3v1 tags are tagged properly, but looking at the files in winamp, it looks like it has an id3v2 tag, but it's blank. when i view the file in windows explorer, windows shows the title/artist etc and japanese characters. this happens even when transcoding properly encoded mp3 files.

now it even looks like it's doing the same thing with the normal lame encoder.
should i just re-install sveta?

Spoon
08-27-2004, 07:58 AM
For tagging install dMC R11 (beta), install over the top of Sveta- it has lots of tagging options on dMC Configuration page.

yoniz2
09-07-2004, 03:18 AM
Doesnt want to detect my Nike Rio PSA whatever. i have it plugged in and on but it wont show up! helP!

Spoon
09-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Please post the contents of c:\program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp\sveta-log.txt

editmantv2
09-15-2004, 05:59 PM
I am using Sveta 5 Beta with the Bantam BA1000. I love the "Extra Bantam Properties" that finds music that has been added to the player via drag and drop. This method can find music that resides in folders INSIDE the MUSIC folder.

I noticed, however, that if folders are created inside the MUSIC folder, the BA1000 Upcoming Tracks display does not work properly. It just keeps listing the same song for both title lines.

Spoon
09-17-2004, 03:29 AM
There are path length considerations on the bantam, partly because of this Sveta will only write to the music folder (no subfolders).

Daemonite
09-18-2004, 02:17 PM
Spoon: just downloaded latest beta R6, using with the orphan red-headed bastard stepchild of a mp3 player (the RIO 900). I must say, pretty sweet man. Was well worth the money I paid a while back since most things for the 900 never worked until I got Sveta. Now, everything works awesomely. Hell, the newer versions just get better and better, the transfer times have dropped and speeds increased, making it take only a few minutes to fill the 192MB player. So far, no real bugs that I have found, I'll keep you updated though. Oh, btw: if you know of an updated firmware to fix the incredibly flawed 900 from crashing on it's own and bleeding the battery to hell, please let me know. I think I have the original version, which is 1.63 if I recall. Would be nice if it didn't do the random crash/battery kill, but that has nothing to do with Sveta... :teufel8:

Unregistered
09-29-2004, 03:02 AM
Hello

First, thanks Spoon, Sveta it's a great soft and so cool to use (KILL DMM)...

I Use Beta R6 and a Philips HDD060 on Windows XP pro SP2.

I think that auto dismount function doesn't work, because when I close Sveta, my HDD can be accessed via Explorer and I must use the normal way to dismount it.

And some little wishes :
- I delete the entire content of an album in the "album" tab, but, on the left, when delete is complete, the name of album still appear (no refresh of the list) If I click on another tab then go on album tab, all is god.
- In window list on right wish show folders, can we select a lot of folders to transfer with CTRL Key. I know of the drag and drop from explorer, but if we can do all in Sveta, it will be cooler....So depending of control you use, I can understand that it will be not possible.

Till know, no more problem encounter...

Spoon
09-29-2004, 03:00 PM
>can we select a lot of folders to transfer with CTRL Key

Sorry no.

ManicFreeze
10-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Just downloaded Sveta...great software
the day i got my philips hdd100, i loved it...but since then i've been hating dmm software...sveta is much better, it is i think about 10000 times faster than dmm and you find want you want...just great.
there's only one thing i didn't find yet...as the user of the hdd100 will know, the device doesn't sort the playlists by name, but by date of saving it on the player...so the playlists appear in no certain order, but mixed up, as i didn't load them to my hdd100 alphabetically. can anybody help my with this problem?
i have about 35 playlists on the hdd100 and searching the right one takes more time than i want wo spend...if sveta could do that, too, it would be the perfect weapon...;)

Unregistered
10-05-2004, 06:16 AM
Hi

I've try Sveta last beta release on 3 PCs, 2 desktops and one laptop. On one of the desktop and the laptop, if I try to download to my HDD060, after the first file is downloaded, Sveta crash with the message to send data to Microsoft...On my player, the file is downloaded to rhe audio folder in _system, I think that it must be displaced after that in the music folder...and it's at this time that crash occurs.

On the other PCs, I can donload 600 more files to player with no problem but with V4 release of sveta. If I instal R4 over R5 beta, the problem is the same. If I try to seek for lost tracks, it crash to. I will try with beta release later that day on PC where R4 works (my mother board crash saturday so I can't test last week end and yesterday I reconstruct my PC...) and say what hapens.

All my PC are under WinXP Pro SP2, one with AMD DURON, 2 others witn Intel processor, different RAM quantity, diferrent hard disk...I've tried drag&drop from explorer, or transfert with sveta inteface, nothing work sveta always crash...DMM works perfectly to transfer.

One more thing, my player is about 95% full but I did'nt try to empty it to test if it's the reason of the crash (I don't want to reload it wwith DMM in case of sveta did'nt work at all).

Spoon
10-05-2004, 03:19 PM
as the user of the hdd100 will know, the device doesn't sort the playlists by name, but by date of saving it on the player...so the playlists appear in no certain order, but mixed up, as i didn't load them to my hdd100 alphabetically. can anybody help my with this problem?
i have about 35 playlists on the hdd100 and searching the right one takes more time than i want wo spend...if sveta could do that, too, it would be the perfect weapon...;)

Can anything do that on the HDD100? if by date then perhaps an option to delete all playlists and recreate them and they will be in order?

Spoon
10-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Hi

I've try Sveta last beta release on 3 PCs, 2 desktops and one laptop. On one of the desktop and the laptop, if I try to download to my HDD060, after the first file is downloaded, Sveta crash with the message to send data to Microsoft...On my player, the file is downloaded to rhe audio folder in _system, I think that it must be displaced after that in the music folder...and it's at this time that crash occurs.

On the other PCs, I can donload 600 more files to player with no problem but with V4 release of sveta. If I instal R4 over R5 beta, the problem is the same. If I try to seek for lost tracks, it crash to. I will try with beta release later that day on PC where R4 works (my mother board crash saturday so I can't test last week end and yesterday I reconstruct my PC...) and say what hapens.

All my PC are under WinXP Pro SP2, one with AMD DURON, 2 others witn Intel processor, different RAM quantity, diferrent hard disk...I've tried drag&drop from explorer, or transfert with sveta inteface, nothing work sveta always crash...DMM works perfectly to transfer.

One more thing, my player is about 95% full but I did'nt try to empty it to test if it's the reason of the crash (I don't want to reload it wwith DMM in case of sveta did'nt work at all).

Sveta R4 will not work with the new driver (it was written for Sveta R5, which is in beta). About the crashing, to me it sounds like a problem with an audio codec, what format is your music in? wma?

Unregistered
10-06-2004, 03:08 AM
Hello

"Sveta R4 will not work with the new driver (it was written for Sveta R5, which is in beta). About the crashing, to me it sounds like a problem with an audio codec, what format is your music in? wma?"

Well, as I said before, I try yesterday on my third PC and all works fine. I can transfert music to player without problem.

The only difference I see is on thet PC I instal R4 (and use it) before R5 Beta.

Now, OK, new driver didn't work with R4, but, I use them on R5 on all my PCs...And yes, I use WMA on my player (about 350 track more than MP3 on player...Hum...). Perhaps a codec problem, I have instaled Windows player 10 on PC wish works but not on 2 others. I'll try to install wma codec you made on my laptop to see what happens.

Bye.

Unregistered
10-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Hello

Well I've tested yesterday on my laptop without installed the CODEC WMA but by re-installing everything exept player and all work fine, I can transfer to my HDD060 without problem ....!!!???

So, who said there's a bug? Sveta is wonderful and I shut my mouth now....

See you later....

jimnist1
10-07-2004, 08:01 PM
i just downloaded the lastest Sveta Beta and am using the beta/SPA-SvetaRioEvo.exe driver to connect to my Rio Karma.

I am trying to back up the music i have on my Rio to a PC. when i try to tranfer any tracks, i end up with an error saying "Device Reported 'bla_bla_bla.wma' Cannot be Retrieved. (same thing happens with MP3)

is there any trick to this?

Unregistered
10-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Hello spoon,

I love sveta explorer, especially because the software that came with my mp3 player ( BA1000 ) didn't work on my computer, and neither did the online software. I downloaded the beta version and have used it and it works perfectly, however I cannot get the playlist feature to work. I have tried to create my own playlist or just put files in the My Playlist and it still doesn't work. I don't know if the files have to be converted to .plp or something but it doesn't work, unfortuantely. So basically the only thing that I would want to be fixed is the playlist feature.

Recap:

Product - Bantam BA1000
Problem - Playlist feature doesn't work

Thank you spoon!!

Spoon
10-09-2004, 11:13 AM
@jimist

Make sure you have the latest firmware for your Rio Karma, also protected WMA files are unlikely to be able to uploaded to the PC. Try uploading a mp3 file with sveta, then redownload it, does it work?

@Unregistered

I was under the impression that the BA1000 needed .m3u playlists (just as Philips HDD100). If you create a new playlist in Sveta Explorer, add tracks to it and quit sveta explorer then reload Sveta Explorer does it still show the playlists created before?

Unregistered
10-11-2004, 03:05 AM
Hello

Just a few wishes :

First, refresh left list when deleting all the content in track list (for exemple deleting all tracks of an album, this albul still rest in the list on the left)
Second, can you let the way to delete an album or an artist by clickin on the left list and pushing Del?

A bug now : If transfering multiple tracks via drag and drop but doing this in selecting multiple folders, the percentage gauge doesnt update for all tracks, the plot show always transfering files 1/n, the gauge riches 99% then files continues to be transfered. If we choose to tansfert x tracks from one unique folder, all works fine, plot show 1/n then 2/n ....until n/n and percentage shown grow the right way.

Bye

Spoon
10-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Which player please?

feanor91
10-12-2004, 02:49 AM
Which player please?

Oups! I had forget that I was unregistered...But now, I am!

So, my player is the HDD060, but when I post my message, I figure out that all players have the same problem...So not?

Have a good day. :komisch9:

Spoon
10-12-2004, 05:20 PM
I will note it as a bug.

Unregistered
10-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Hello this is the unregistered that was talking about the BA1000 with the playlist problems. When I made a playlist and reloaded Sveta explorer the songs weren't there anymore and instead the were blank files (just names) in the Music section. So then when I tried to play the files that I had put into the playlist directory, they didn't work. Then all I had to do was to delete the blank files and now it works (I think). Also the playlist files are .plp not .m3u, or at least thats what the mp3 player says. It says My Playlist [.PLP] Just in case that will help you out.

Thank you so much spoon!

Spoon
10-13-2004, 03:20 PM
Anyone else with a BA1000 have working / non-working playlists?

Unregistered
10-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Yes, mine also doesn't work, the other guy stated that the playlist files are .plp and you thought they were .m3u, i think that might be the problem, because my BA1000 also says My Playlist [.plp]

Spoon
10-18-2004, 03:23 PM
Please someone send an example playlist written by the DMM for the BA1000 to:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

feanor91
10-19-2004, 03:15 AM
Hello

A big wish!!!! :

Would you enhanced the interface to show in the same way that the player show, the file on disk ot the PC? In fact, if we can have two windows, one wish show what file we are browsin on PC, the other sowing what files are on the player with same interface on the 2 windows (the tabs) and make it possible to drag&drop from explorer interface to player interface.

Of course, you will delete the little explorer interface wish will become useful.

Now we can drag&drop from explorer to Sveta but If I want select the files to transfert by genre, or Artist...for example, we can't do in anyway depending of how our files are arranged on disk, of course.

Sveta is wonderful, but this little upgrade (in fact, the same code use to show files on player can be use to show files on disk) will render it, the Ultimate program to use our players.

Think it.

Spoon
10-19-2004, 03:25 PM
Have you considered dBpowerAMP Audio Player, it sounds like its 'My Music Collection' will work as you require and My Music Collection works with Sveta.

Unregistered
10-19-2004, 08:58 PM
got it on Bantam BA1000...how the crap do you convert music files from realplayer...can you? I go to the usual convert window, then the various folders, but there is nothing in them! It's being quite frustrating.

feanor91
10-20-2004, 03:17 AM
Have you considered dBpowerAMP Audio Player, it sounds like its 'My Music Collection' will work as you require and My Music Collection works with Sveta.

Hum, Well....Hum, hum....No, I have it but not try it yet....I use in this way Musicmatch jukebox (to tag my file because, I have big proble to tag wma file with anything else), since 2 day MediaMonkey to export my library in other file format, but I will see yours....Well consider I say nothing....

Unregistered
10-20-2004, 06:43 PM
Last time when I said I created a playlist it didn't work and the files went into like the songs part as a double (ghost copy). Then when I deleted the ghost copy the songs didn't even work so I had to put them back on. Just a little side note about what happened.

How can I get you a DMM of a random playlist for the BA1000, because if I need to use the software that came with the BA1000 (and the one I downloaded) i can't do it because they don't work. If the DMM is part of Sveta then just tell me how to get it and i'll e-mail you one.

Thanks spoon

Spoon
10-22-2004, 03:55 PM
@Unregistered

Not unless there are playlists on the BA1000 that are working (look in explorer and browse the device in System\\PLAYLIST\\).

Unregistered
10-25-2004, 11:03 PM
there are no playlists that are working on my BA1000, that's why I want to put some on there, but Sveta doesn't work, so thus I cannot give you a DMM of a playlist, but if there is someone out there with a working BA1000 playlist please send him the DMM!!

Thanks

Unregistered
10-27-2004, 08:37 AM
Hello,

I installed the SvetaPortableAudio-r5b6 beta version., had troubles with the original mpmanf50 software concerning the usb device with windows xp.
Than I searched the internet and tried the sveta portable audio release 4.
but had problems installing it, i found the beta version, tried this, en for sofar it works correctly. Without problems i could transfer music on the portable mpman (smartmedia).

thanks

kind regards

Miranda

Unregistered
11-02-2004, 02:26 AM
Running with XP home edition using the HDD060 driver.

Seems ok, but had it freeze up a couple of times for no apparent reason.

This is HEAPS better than the crappy Philips software :)

Eric

Unregistered
11-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Usin beta on XP pro SP1

Device mpio FL 100

works fine so far...hope it will stay that way...

Spoon
11-14-2004, 03:25 PM
About playlists and the Bantam, Sveta will write PLP playlists, even if your source playlists were .m3u on the PC.

One thing that might be causing a problem, if the folder BAMTAM:\System\PLAYLIST

does not exist that could cause problems, try creating PLAYLIST folder if it does not exist.

Unregistered
11-20-2004, 11:53 AM
Hi Spoon,

I've recently purchased a Rio Karma and have been looking round for software to manage it and perform transcoding. I've just downloaded the Sveta beta and it is looking good, appart from the following observations:

1) When set to transcode, its not possible to send a folder to the player (get an error message about not understanding "." files) [I'm transcoding to ogg]

2) Occasionally when stating up the tabs at the top of the display seem to be missing (can't easily reproduce though)

3) Would it be possible to put a minimise box on the "sending file X of Y" progress popup? (or ideally have an option to suppress this and the per file transcoding pop ups to avoid cluttering up the task bar)

4) When sending a play list to the player with transcoding turned on, would it be possible to transcode the entries in the playlist and send this too?

5) Is there any way to change the columns used for each display and remember this (e.g. change order and hide fields you are not interested in)

Appart from this it looks great!

Triode

Spoon
11-21-2004, 04:06 PM
RE 1: drop the folder on Sveta Explorer, or use 'File selector'

RE 3: Windows Key + D should minimise all windows.

RE 4: it should do this if using Sveta Explorer (as opposed to convert to).

RE 5: Is on my todo.

CWStevens
11-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Running Win98SE, Philips HDD070 and Sveta R5B6...

Attempted to use the HDD060 driver - which seemed to work.

However, upon running Sveta Explorer, all I get is dMC Sveta Portable Audio - Add Device' program to add your device. :cry:

Spoon
11-30-2004, 04:11 PM
Are you opening Sveta Explorer from the HDD060 icon on the desktop?

Caliuser
12-05-2004, 01:32 AM
Just installed R5B6 for a Rio Cali (was using R4)

Three questions/issues:

1. Can a playlist be deleted - I don't see how to delete a playlist?

2. Any progress in enabling a playlist to include tracks from both internal memory and SD card?

3. When I click the "genres" tab, the only thing displayed on the left under [Type Search] is [All Genres]. The specific genres of my tracks are not listed.

Thanks for a neat program.

Spoon
12-05-2004, 05:21 AM
If I remember correctly there is a Playlist button, click it to access Delete, or Rename.

2: I am totally reliant on DNNA on that (it is their SDK), I will try dropping another email.

3: What are the files? what created the files? does RMM show Genres?

Caliuser
12-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the SUPER FAST reply... I really appreciate it.

Regarding playlist issue... thanks. I didn't see that function before.

Regarding genres. Files were ripped in MusicMatch Jukebox as MP3's and converted to WMA by dB Music Converter. I haven't tried RMM but I will soon and let you know if it displays genres. (This is not a super big deal for me.)

Just curious, does your Sveta beta display the genres? If it does, then I wouldn't put any time into solving my problem.

Thanks for your help and thanks for a really neat, functional program.

Spoon
12-05-2004, 05:18 PM
It does on my Karma.

Caliuser
12-05-2004, 11:21 PM
Regarding genres....

Thanks.

Case closed. I assume this is due to some aberration with my files. (Please let me know if you get any info on the playlists being able to span memories.)

Spoon
12-06-2004, 03:17 PM
No luck and unlikely too (DNNA's market is now MSC - players that appear as drives in explorer, their SDK is not needed for them).

Caliuser
12-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Thanks.

BTW, the genres function works completely Ok... I was not using it correctly.

Neoyoyo
12-30-2004, 04:23 AM
Hello,
I have a new Philips HDD065.
And after 1 week, i hate DMM..... :vmad:
Does Sveta work with this player ?
Can/do i use the hdd60's driver ?

Thanks

Spoon
12-30-2004, 06:33 AM
Yes should do, give it a try and let me know (it worked with the hdd070 without modification).

Neoyoyo
12-31-2004, 10:26 AM
So, I've installed the Release 5 Beta 6 and the driver for the HDD060 and ... IT WORKS !!! :komisch12

Thanks a lot :thumbup:

mdd065
01-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Hello
I have the HDD065 and installed the HDD060 drivers and it works playing normal mp3-files on it, but i cant create folders... when I try to create a folder, it is on the hdd, but not in the right folder and I cant copy mp3-files in it... so please help me...
THX :thumbup: :thumbup:

Spoon
01-19-2005, 05:20 PM
For the HDD065 all audio has to be written into the folder Sveta selects, you cannot use the 'Data view' and copy into a folder (as the HDD065 has a very short filename allowance).

Copy audio Using Sveta Explorer on the 'Audio Tracks' tab.

Nigel
02-08-2005, 12:54 PM
I've installed Sveta 5b6 along with the new Ipod driver (I have a generation 2 ipod; my machine is running Windows ME).

Is there any chance of the composer tag being supported? Currently Sveta successfully gets this tag into the ipod's database, but "Edit Tag" doesn't show it, and there's no tab along the top to display tracks sorted by composer.

Maybe I am the only Sveta user to listen to classical music on my ipod, but to me it really matters who wrote a piece of music! The artist is interesting too, but the only sensible way to search a list of classical music is by composer.

Even if this support isn't on the cards, the rest of the program is still great. (As is release 11 of the converter program.)

Thanks for any help!

Nigel

Spoon
02-08-2005, 05:00 PM
I will note it as a request.

Flynike
02-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi.

I have installed Beta 5 Version 6, along with the new beta compatible driver for the Bantam 1000. The program worked wonderfully well for a day. Very, very nice, especially when compared to the alternative.

However, I was so happy with it that I uninstalled the jerkware that came with the player, and then shortly after that, my problem manifested itself.

Basically, Sveta, when I bring it up, is only registering or reading one of the partitions on my main computer, a 10 GB data drive. I can't figure out how to get it to read the Bantam any more. The Bantam shows up on IE (6, AMD 2800+ CPU, running XP SP2) as a drive, and I can write to and from it. But I can't get Sveta to find it.

I don't remember right now, but there is a location in the program that allows you to manually direct the program to the device. There is a little glitch there, because it refers to manually directing the program to the Phillips device, but I assumed that it was really referring to the Bantam. It warns you to let it try it automatically first.

Anyway, I directed it to the Drive letter that the Bantam had appropriated on my Windows Explorer tree, but that didn't do any good. I uninstalled the driver, and the program, and reinstalled both, that didn't do anything either.

Looking forward to your advice, because I know it worked once, and once it gets pointed correctly at the Bantam again, it is a terriffic program.

Here is something else I discovered while it was working: I had set it up to transfer files and convert to MP3 via the LAME protocol. Then I went to transfer a book on tape, with a zillion files already in mp3. It converted them! I stopped it, told it to transfer files without changing them, and then transferred. Turns out the bitrate of the book on tape files was very low, just 56bps (or whatever the units are), and the converter was changing it to 192 bps. And, as far as I can tell, there is nothing to be gained from that, right?

Thanks for this great program!

Flynike

Spoon
02-20-2005, 06:38 AM
Did you backup the files from the Bantam to that hard drive? the way Sveta detects the bantam is to find the first occurance of:

System\DATA\BANTAM.HDR

Also in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\S veta\BantamBA1000

is LastFoundiPod this is the last drive the bantam was found on (and is searched first)

Flynike
02-21-2005, 02:23 AM
Hi, Spoon.

No, I didn't copy the Bantam directory to that drive.

I used regedit (very nervously) to see what you just told me about. There are two Bantam folders under Sveta, first, BantamBA1000 (no space) and Bantam BA100 (space), and ff. Under BantamBA1000, towards the end of a very long list, I see dMC-Sveta-LastExpDrive then REG_SZ and then D:\, which is the drive that is showing up. Two spaces down, the last entry in that long list, is UsingStorageExp then REG_SZ then Internal Drive {10.48 GB] which is the size of the data drive and what is being reported when I run Sveta.

Under Bantam BA1000, I find a much shorter list, Second on it is LastFoundiPod then REG_SZ then D:\, and next ManualPath then REG_SZ then G:\ which is what the Bantam really becomes when it is usb'd to the computer. That is the value I have put in, and which I wish would over ride the D:\.

So, I am too timid to try to change the registy until you tell me what to do. Do I just change that D:\ to G:\?

Do I have to change anything in that first Bantam folder with the entries I first mentioned above? How do I change it, just highlight the value I want to change, and type over it, or is there another way? I have never tried to change anything in the registry before, I always figured the sky would fall or something, if I did.

Thanks for your help. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled a number of times, hoping that might help, both program and driver, but it never did.

Thanks for your help.

Flynike
02-21-2005, 02:36 AM
Hi, again.

Well, I read your post again. I did a computer wide search for the file Bantam.hdr but didn't find it on the computer anywhere.

Then I got really brave and changed D to G in the lastfoundipod reference in the registry. Then I tried it, and it worked! Just fine!

But, as soon as I closed out the program, and then unplugged the bantam, and then plugged it back in, and restarted Sveta again, there it was in 10GB Drive D. So after I changed the value, Sveta looked into the Bantam correctly the first time, but after things were turned off, unconnected, reconnected and turned on again, it was back to looking into the data drive on the computer.

So, I guess that I have to be doing something more. Any idea what?

Thanks.

Spoon
02-22-2005, 03:51 PM
If you open Sveta Explorer (bantam icon on desktop), click 'Options' and 'Advanced Settings for Bantam'), make sure the manual specified drive location is off (unchecked).

Flynike
02-22-2005, 10:36 PM
hi. yep, it is blank.

I think I have a workable technique now. I can't open sveta until I have the bantam plugged into the computer and online. Then if I have recently changed the D to G in the registry, it will come up within bantam. And then if I close sveta before i disconnect the bantam, and reconnect the bantam before i again turn on sveta, I am ok. But if I open sveta without having the bantam hooked up to the computer, then it reads d drive, no matter what. Darn.

Oh well, as long as I am careful to remember the right order in which to do things, I should be ok. And if I mess up, at least I now know how to fix it.

thanks spoon.

Spoon
02-23-2005, 03:44 PM
I will mark that as a bug to be fixed.

maxgeek
02-23-2005, 11:52 PM
Can't find Rio Cali 256 MSC (brand new, 2.43 firmware) using Sveta Add Device utility.

I installed Sveta r5b6 and the SvetaRioEvo driver (from the beta thread (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4628) ). Each time I run the Add Device utility, I receive a no devices found message. I tried uninstalling the driver under the assumption that since it's an MSC device, maybe the generic option would work. Same result.

I have a 256 SD card for it, and I removed it, as well, just to rule out variables, again, same result.

I finally tried Sveta r4, again with and without the driver, same result.

Oddly enough, I've had this same experience on both my desktop and laptop (didn't try r4 on the desktop, though). The laptop is brand-spanking new (just got it this weekend, formatted, installed XP Pro SP2, etc.) and this is a first time install of Sveta.

Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong? I have zero experience with Sveta, so I'm willing to believe it's me. :)

Thanks

Spoon
02-24-2005, 02:58 PM
For that player you need the 'Sveta Removable Device Driver'

sianna26
02-25-2005, 07:23 PM
db converter won't convert certain songs what codec do I need that migh help :blush: Sianna

LtData
02-25-2005, 11:16 PM
db converter won't convert certain songs what codec do I need that migh help :blush: Sianna
Please ask this question in the forum for dMC itself: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

snicka
02-26-2005, 02:21 AM
Hello, Just downloaded this software and am initially impressed. One problem though, Using the "Rename files copied from portable" setting doesn't seem to rename the files aside from the initial value of "[artist] - [track]". Changing this setting doesn't seem to affect the name of the file. Windows XP SP2 with a Rio Karma with 1.68 firmware.

Spoon
02-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Are you using the Beta Sveta version and the beta version of the Rio Evo (I know it needs the latter also, although I might have not implemented it in the Rio Evo driver just yet).

snicka
02-26-2005, 05:27 PM
i downloaded and installed both the beta sveta and the beta rio evo.

snicka
02-28-2005, 12:52 PM
also.. though I can drag and drop a data file on the "Data Files" tab and it sends it to the karma AND when I go into the RIO Taxi part of the player it says the file is there, there is no listing of data files in the "Data Files" tab.

Spoon
02-28-2005, 03:15 PM
The Karma driver mustn't have been updated with that file naming modification, I plan to readdress the drivers soon.

About the data files, if you select a data file from within Sveta explorer the right hand drive pane (say a .txt file) and use the <- arrow to send it - does it appear on the data files tab?

snicka
03-01-2005, 12:04 AM
The Karma driver mustn't have been updated with that file naming modification, I plan to readdress the drivers soon.

About the data files, if you select a data file from within Sveta explorer the right hand drive pane (say a .txt file) and use the <- arrow to send it - does it appear on the data files tab?
No it doesn't

dravack1974
03-01-2005, 07:49 AM
I have just registered SvetaPortableAudio-r5b4.exe beta after trying the program instead of the useless DMM program that Philips provide for the HDD100. The previous version didn't allow me to view the file names, but this version does and it also allows me to transfer my music from the HDD100 back to my PC. This has been a life saver as I lost all of my music files (converted from CD) that were on my spare hard drive when it failed. Philips DMM does not allow this! The only problem I have had is with the MP3 Lame help link within the Sveta Explorer Options, Compression. When I click the small MP3 (Lame) Help icon, Sveta crashes. I am using the latest device driver (SPA-PhilipsHDD100) downloaded from a link on the same web page as the Beta Sveta (r5b4). Thank you for a great program. Worth every penny! :thumbup:

Spoon
03-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Snicka: I will note it as a bug.

drav: thanks

rledford
03-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Please post everything relating to the New Sveta beta here.
R5 Beta 6 with iPod mini driver. Post more after I use it for a while.

rledford
03-07-2005, 08:13 PM
My question is a general one. I have just started using Sveta and I thought that dmc would install along with the powerpack. I don't see them anywhere on my system. Do I have to download and install the programs. I need to convert some files from .wma to .aac.

I have downloaded the codex from your site and I have them installed but they do not appear in Sveta.

Spoon
03-08-2005, 05:29 PM
dMC does come with Sveta (if you look at Start >> Programs >> dbpoweramp Music Converter) you should have a program 'dbpoweramp Music Converter', looking in \configuration is 'dmc configuration' run this and it will tell you which codecs dmc can recognize. It is worth mentioning that Sveta and dmc and any codecs should all be installed to the same location.

rledford
03-10-2005, 12:08 PM
I installed Svelta and then d/l the codex that I need along with dmc R5 Beta 6. So far, no problems.

rledford
03-10-2005, 08:24 PM
I have three problems to report:
I start SPA and then ->Extra->Properties. The firmware version is listed as 2.5 and not 1.3.

2. The id3 tags are not being passed over to the ipod when I send them. I am using the ACC to MP4 codex.

3. I send over an album and the only song that will play is the first track. All the songs on the album do not have the track number plus artist name displayed.

I am running R5beta 6 with the beta driver.

Spoon
03-11-2005, 05:42 PM
For 2 you need to have the mp4 decoding codec installed in dbpoweramp, you can check this by holding the mouse over a mp4 file and see if it says dbpoweramp on teh popup info.

rledford
03-11-2005, 07:17 PM
On the pop-up menu, i do have listed MP4, and at the bottom dbpowerAMP is listed.

This raises a question in my mind. When I download the MP4 codex, do I get the decoding codex and the encoding codex? If not, how can I differenate between the decoding and encoding codex?

Thanks

LtData
03-11-2005, 11:37 PM
On the pop-up menu, i do have listed MP4, and at the bottom dbpowerAMP is listed.

This raises a question in my mind. When I download the MP4 codex, do I get the decoding codex and the encoding codex? If not, how can I differenate between the decoding and encoding codex?

Thanks
Check your dMC Configuration. It separately lists the ENcoding and DEcoding codecs.

On a side note Spoon, I do like the new icons that differentiate between Encoding and Decoding a LOT better.

rledford
03-12-2005, 12:04 PM
hmmmmmm...

Maybe I should go back to spell checking my posts before posting!

Sorry that I did not make my question clearer. I meant from the codex D/L site.

rledford
03-12-2005, 12:16 PM
I have been using Sveta and Dmc converter for a couple of weeks. I am sorry for all the nembie type questions. The documentation is confusing to me in certain places.

In my DMC Configuration Window, I have the following

Advanced Audio Coding (CLI)...........Release 4[AACEnc v2] [.aac]

AAC Decoder................................Release 2 [Faad v2.0] .aac

For my purpose, can I assume that these are identical and the ones to be using for encoding and decoding?

LtData
03-12-2005, 12:32 PM

It looks like the (CLI) codec is for encoding, and the AAC Decoder is for decoding. Yes, you need to keep both of them.

Spoon
03-12-2005, 05:03 PM
In my DMC Configuration Window, I have the following

You have both - if it shows a popup info for any file then you have the decoder. For an ipod though you cannot have .aac files - they have to be .mp4 or .m4a

five12dude
04-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Running this beta with the Nike psa[play driver

kelleyar
04-12-2005, 05:50 PM
have downloaded latest sveta beta for use with Phillips Hdd 120/70.
Will post comments as they occur.
Regards Alan

phate
04-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi,

I'm using the Sveta beta with my iPod Clickwheel 20GB, and the newest drivers.
Basically it is working quite well. ;)
I'd like to see though, an option to auto-create playlists from subfolders when i send an entire folder to the iPod.
Would that be a possibility?

[edit]
and how about the possibility to synchronise (a) folder(s)?

Spoon
04-24-2005, 04:39 PM
All planned, but is quite far away from being implemented.

Hoodmeister
05-01-2005, 07:33 AM
Just about to try Sveta beta 6 with the PPC driver...

Can't wait to see how it works, I tried Sveta with the generic removeable device driver for my PDA a while ago... It was far too messy a way of doing things - but I could see vast potential there... Here's to hoping I have more luck with this :D

Hoodmeister
05-01-2005, 08:26 AM
Ah, a problem... My powerpack trial has expired, therefore I can't try out the PPC driver :'(

LtData
05-01-2005, 01:56 PM
See here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7731

Hoodmeister
05-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Excellent!

Well, that got it working... But it's only showing me the PPC RAM - whereas I want access to the BIS / storage cards :'(

The "viewing" drop down box only has the internal memory available - any ideas?

ajkilner
06-08-2005, 08:15 AM
I've not yet started to test with a Mio 168 pocket pc but hope fully by tomorro I'll be starting. :D

Spoon
06-08-2005, 04:43 PM
>whereas I want access to the BIS / storage cards :'(

What is the exact name of the storage card (as apears in explorer?)

Caspar
06-15-2005, 06:00 PM
I've been testing SvetaPA with my Philips HDD120 for quite a long time now; it is so much better then Phillips' DMM (I think everybody agrees on that). Especially the support for ID3 V2 is a great benefit of using Sveta.

I haven't had any major problems with Sveta yet, but I have two lists for you: a list of small problems and a wishlist. Here comes the first one:

* Sveta deletes special chars (á,à,é,è etc.) in the ID3-tag on importing (transferring form PC to HDD), though I can add these chars in the 'edit tag'-box afterwards (and my HDD displays them as well).

* while sending playlist file, the popup keeps getting refreshed but the main window looks like the program has crashed as soon as you focus on another app (you can't refocus on dBpowerAMP too)

* It's quite annoying that the whole of my screen is refreshing when changing tabs (my WinXP desktop gets refreshed too, which takes a long time when using ActiveDesktop)

* The whole tab-changing is quite slow

* In artist-view, when track title is longer than the Title-column, is goes a few pixels over the Genre-column (which hides the Genres)

* In playlists, moving items up and down has no use: the HDD displays them in the same order as before (sorry: someone else noted that before)

* In data files, it removes extensions from files (which I would like an option for) but it also removes 'extensions' from directories (I sometimes make backups of the folder 'files', and call them files.bak, files.bak2, files.bak3, but Sveta shows all of them as 'file'
And now for the wish-list:

* When adding a .m3u playlist, it automatically adds the file stated in the m3u-file, but I would rather like it to check whether the file is already present, and just refer to the existing file if it already exists (to prevent duplicate audio-files in my player). I know it has three options in options menu to 'add tracks and create playlist', 'add tracks from playlist' and 'copy playlist'. The last one just copies the file but should create the playlist on the player (at least I would like it to).

* I would like an option to remove duplicate files, and one to not add files that are already present. Give user the option to compare on filename (when user has edited the tags on his PC) or ID3-tags & filesize (when user has changed the filename or recompressed the audio) - This would be something like a 'synchronize-function'

* while deleting a large amount of files, two messages flash repeatedly in the infobox (the bottom-left corner of the screen), so instead of giving me vital information, the infobox starts to annoy me

* When selecting multiple files, rightclicking and choosing 'play', it only plays the one I clicked on, instead of playing them all

* I would like to have a 'cut' or 'copy' option in Sveta Explorer so I could copy files from and to it using Sveta and MS Explorer

* It would be very nice to have something like a tree-selection, i.e. first choose an artist from the artist-tab, then show only one of his albums (like on my HDD)
So, that's about it. I hope you can use it. (Otherwise: sorry for spoiling your bandwidth :o )

Regards,

Caspar.

Spoon
06-16-2005, 04:58 PM
>* Sveta deletes special chars (á,à,é,è etc.)

Yes, certain firmwares of the hdd these chars would mess-up the player.

Thanks for your input

>* In playlists, moving items up and down has no use: the HDD displays them in the
> same order as before (sorry: someone else noted that before)

This is a bug with Sveta, a new version soon.

djmook
07-16-2005, 11:46 AM
The new version of Itunes creates a special playlist called Podcasts.

Sveta is converting this special playlist to a normal one and the podcasts go from being hidden and accessible only through the podcast menu on the iPod and in iTunes to being accesible in the general library. When I sync back with iTunes the Podcast playlist is recreated and the podcasts are retransfered, creating multiple copies of the files on the ipod.

While I manage my library by hand I like having podcasts managed by itunes, so having this fixed would be great.

djmook
07-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Transfering files from the ipod using file renaming based on tags. The files are not renamed properly when using m4p's (itunes purchased music).

When choosing
[artist]\[album]\[track number xx] [artist] - [track]

files get named to
00 - XXXX.m4p

with no folder creation, 00 does not increment and XXXX is the existing 4 letter filename. Similar problems happen when choosing other naming conventions.

djmook
07-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Seems to have problems if more than one ipod is connected at a time.

I'd love to have support for transfering from one ipod to another.

Spoon
07-16-2005, 02:49 PM
m4p files cannot be transfered back (they are encrypted and dbpoweramp cannot write those tags).

MrVideo
07-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Well, I went out and obtained the 5GB Creative Labs Zen Micro. While I would have preferred a MP4 player, Jobs doesn't appear to believe in FM radio. So, none of the iPods have FM tuners :(

So, I got a MP3 player.

Does Sveta support this unit?

LtData
07-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Well, I went out and obtained the 5GB Creative Labs Zen Micro. While I would have preferred a MP4 player, Jobs doesn't appear to believe in FM radio. So, none of the iPods have FM tuners :(

So, I got a MP3 player.

Does Sveta support this unit?
Yes: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7960&highlight=zen+micro
Use the same driver as the Creative Jukebox.

djmook
07-18-2005, 06:40 PM
m4p files cannot be transfered back (they are encrypted and dbpoweramp cannot write those tags).

Actually the files can be transfered without problems, I've transfered the files and played them on other pc's and ipods without problems (those machines being authorized to the same account that purchased the m4p's. Also Sveta is able to read the tags on the m4p's so shouldn't it be possible to rename the file after it has been transfered?

LtData
07-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Sveta can only deal with m4p files as-is. It can't write the tags or, I assume, rename the files. To do either of these steps, it probably needs to be able to decrypt the file, and it cannot decrypt m4p files.

Edit: also, if you want to move your m4p files around, you could use JHymn to strip the protection and just have normal m4a/mp4 files. See the "DRM and Copy Protection" of the forum for more information.

djmook
07-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Sveta can only deal with m4p files as-is. It can't write the tags or, I assume, rename the files. To do either of these steps, it probably needs to be able to decrypt the file, and it cannot decrypt m4p files.

Edit: also, if you want to move your m4p files around, you could use JHymn to strip the protection and just have normal m4a/mp4 files. See the "DRM and Copy Protection" of the forum for more information.

I'm not looking for Sveta to change the tags. I know that it can read the tags because the song info shows up when browsing with Sveta. It can copy the files from the ipod without problems (the copied files play fine on authorized computers) and can even rename the files. It just isn't renaming them properly. The part of Sveta that does the renaming is not reading the tag data but the browser is.

I already know how to get the DRM out, I just didn't want to go through the hassle.

djmook
07-25-2005, 02:00 PM
The new version of Itunes creates a special playlist called Podcasts.

Sveta is converting this special playlist to a normal one and the podcasts go from being hidden and accessible only through the podcast menu on the iPod and in iTunes to being accesible in the general library. When I sync back with iTunes the Podcast playlist is recreated and the podcasts are retransfered, creating multiple copies of the files on the ipod.

While I manage my library by hand I like having podcasts managed by itunes, so having this fixed would be great.

Any word on the special podcast playlist issue? Anyone who has updated to the ipod update of 6-26-05 and itunes 4.9 will have this problem.

Spoon
07-26-2005, 03:22 PM
The thing is Apple release 0 documents about the iPod (it is not a developer friendly company, they say everyone should be iTunes or nothing!).

It will take many months before the community can reverse engineer these new changes.

djmook
07-27-2005, 04:09 AM
In the mean time I removed the podcast playlist and am manually transfering podcasts to the ipod. This stops the problem of multiple files being transfered.

wpowell
08-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Dupe post, deleted. Your problem will be looked at here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=8478

Flynike
08-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Used sveta beta successfully with ipod mini (after a Bantam 1000) for a while. Free version expired. Recently, purchased the registered version of all, and reinstalled all. When I go to add device, after reloading ipod driver (beta), I see ipod already, and when I try to click the final "add device" it tells me there is already a device with that name. However some time back I had deleted the several ipod icons I had been using previously, as they ceased to work once the original trial period expired.

I went through, uninstalled everything, and reinstalled everything. Same problem, I go to "add device" and eventually get a message that there is already an ipod device in use. But I have no icon to click to get it to go.

Ipod is showing up in windows explorer as drive K, just fine.

Thanks in advance for your help on this. I like the program, and am eager to begin using it again.

LtData
08-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Try uninstalling your Sveta drivers, deleting the <install directory>/dBpowerAMP/Sveta/Devices folder, and then rebooting. Next, install the latest Sveta beta linked to below and the new iPod drivers. Try to add your device then.

Note that the latest Sveta beta will reset you back to a trial, but a new registered install will be available within 30 days, as Spoon mentioned in the Sveta beta post.

Spoon
08-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Delete the iPod icon from your desktop and 'apple iPod.dll' from \dbpoweramp\compression

Flynike
08-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Hi, Thanks for the quick reply.

I downloaded and installed the new version of Sveta, and the ipod driver. Deleted previous driver first, and rebooted first, and after that I even used a registry cleaner to delete the Illustrate registry entry before reinstalling.

No joy. The screen comes up with Press add device as the only text in the "installed drivers" box. So I do, and in the next screen, the one with the ipod and generic icons on the right, there is already text stating Apple ipod in the box on the left. I go and highlight one of the ipod icons (I would say it was the silver one, if you were the car guys), and set the advanced options, and hit the add button. Then it says "A device with this name exists already".

It is almost as if the drivers are in place, but for some reason, an icon to start things up is not getting added to my desktop. Is there any way I can construct an icon? Can you tell me if I use the construct shortcut wizard, what to type in as the location of the file that starts thing up?

In reference to your suggestion to delete the ...sveta/devices...folder, I checked after my reinstall, and there is one there now, with an ipod.dll in it.

Flynike
08-28-2005, 04:44 PM
The first reply was to LtData. To Spoon:

That did it!

Thanks very much. Looks like I am in business now.

najt
08-29-2005, 06:16 AM
I have an issue with Sveta (or could be dbPowerAmp). I'm using the latest release candidate and pocket pc driver. When converting everything to OGG (regular DLL) or any other format everything works fine, but I can't get it working with the "Ogg Vorbis aoTuV B3 SSE2". What happens is that it converts and sends the first song and then it just hangs when it should start converting the second song. I open task manager and see musicconverter.exe at 0% cpu. I also tried creating my own ogg encoder using the CLI "codec" and the same thing happens. Sometimes it won't even start converting the first song but hangs there.

Also, when I click the "dMC configuration" shortcut nothing comes up and also leaves a hanging musicconvertor.exe. When I uninstall aoTuv B3 SSE2 and CLI codecs it works fine.

xoas
08-29-2005, 07:04 AM
Have you tried the Ogg Vorbis aoTuV B3, ICL 8.1 Compile (Beta) along with the standard Ogg Codec? The SSE version works only with certain processors but won't work with others.

Best wishes,
Bill

najt
08-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Have you tried the Ogg Vorbis aoTuV B3, ICL 8.1 Compile (Beta) along with the standard Ogg Codec? The SSE version works only with certain processors but won't work with others.

The SSE version works fine for the first song and when run from the command line. I'm sure that's not the issue.

Spoon
08-30-2005, 04:03 PM
>Also, when I click the "dMC configuration" shortcut nothing comes up and also leaves
> a hanging musicconvertor.exe. When I uninstall aoTuv B3 SSE2 and CLI codecs it
> works fine.

Perhaps they are being installed to the wrong location, a non-dbpoweramp dll in \compression\ might cause problems for dbpoweramp.

rledford
09-01-2005, 02:01 PM
I am using iPOD mini with version of Apple iPOD driver 1.4 with Sveta Portable B5 - RC - 1 and version 6.0 of Sveta iPod Driver. OS is WinXP Pro, SP 2.\

When I install Sveta iPod driver, I receive the following error msg. during the running of svetaconfig.exe installation. "error while running C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\svetaconfig.exe.

When I place some songs on the iPOD, and then try to listen to them, the iPod just scans the list of songs and then returns to the menu.

The songs that I am downloading to the iPod is .mpa files.

Two questions:
1). What can I do to get the Sveta iPod driver to go to normal end of job?
2). Why is the iPOD skip over the songs that I d/l?

Thanks

Spoon
09-01-2005, 02:29 PM
>installation. "error while running C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\svetaconfig.exe.

Install Sveta first, then install the ipod driver to the same location as Sveta.

rledford
09-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Thanks

All in all, a good product just got better.