PDA

View Full Version : How do I get the tracks to show.

Regdor
04-29-2004, 08:55 PM
I have just installed Music Converter and when I commence to strip the CD the name of all the tracks are shown in the Audio CD Input and ticked, but when I open the file after it is stripped I am unable select individual tracks.

Do I have to enter the track names manually?

Rodger

Razgo
04-29-2004, 09:39 PM
the term your looking for is called "rip" as opposed to strip. if the names of the tracks and the album name is showing in dmc audio cd input then that's probably because you were online and the feature that gets the cd info was enabled.

i'm not sure what you mean by after they were ripped to your hardrive they did not retain their names? is it one big file? not sure what you mean.

under "option" you will see something called freedb server. click "select" and you will be presented with a list. select the au server. then what happens is when you put a music cd in your cd rom and start dmc cd audio input it will automatically get the music info from the internet if your connected. but if not you will have to enter details in manually.

Regdor
04-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to "rip" a CD to mp3 files to enable me to add music to a slideshow using PTExe.

I open dmc,insert CD and all the track names are visible,which I tick.

I enter the path to the folder where I wish to save the mp3 files in the Audio CD Imput Options, and tick the boxes.

This takes about 18 minutes and shows each track being processed but the folder only has the first track in it.

Could you show me how to rip all of the tracks to the folder?

Rodger.

Wayne
04-30-2004, 12:56 AM
How have you configured dMC to organise and name the created MP3 files? Did you select rip as one?

Wayne

Spoon
04-30-2004, 07:28 AM
>This takes about 18 minutes and shows each track being processed but the folder only has the first track in it.

Audio CD Input >> Options >>

for 'File Arrangement' this has to be [artist] - [track] it cannot be a typed file name ie 'myrip' as all the tracks will be written to that one file.

Regdor
04-30-2004, 12:24 PM
I don't understand how to fill in "File Creation" window.

Rodger

Regdor
04-30-2004, 01:36 PM
A thankyou to all who replied.

I now understand how to enter data into the File Creation window.

Rodger.

Razgo
04-30-2004, 01:41 PM
don't hesitate to ask for me help if you need it.