PDA

View Full Version : Sync profile for Foobar Mobile not working at all anymore

Oblique
04-14-2021, 09:11 AM
I've been having this problem for a few weeks/a month now. I never had this problem before, the sync profile keeps saying: Last Sync Incomplete. When I start the sync manually (which I always do) it says 'Waiting for Device...' and after many minutes if will go to 'Idle' and eventually to 'Last Sync Incomplete'. The software never really worked automatically for me, so that's why I always start the profile manually. Sometimes it then would just run, but often I had to go to the Foobar Mobile app and under 'Tools\Sync with TuneFUSION' I toggled the switch to off (paused) back on (Idle). Then manually starting my sync again on my Windows PC and then it would start syncing.

I checked all the logs, but nothing that mentions is helping me to identity the issue. The developers might be able to see what is going wrong depending on the logs obviously. So if requested I can send them.

Thanks in advance :)

jkauff
04-18-2021, 07:08 AM
I don't know if TuneFUSION is designed this way or if it's a problem, but I also have to start my syncs in foobar iOS, then do the manual sync from within TuneFUSION. Seems like the foobar tool should be started automatically when doing a sync.

PeterP
04-19-2021, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the bug report.
There is a known glitch in the client that causes "last sync incomplete" to be shown when in fact there was no problem, just a handshake to check if anything needs updating timed out.
I'll look into it, but most likely all files uploaded fine.

Oblique
04-27-2021, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the bug report.
There is a known glitch in the client that causes "last sync incomplete" to be shown when in fact there was no problem, just a handshake to check if anything needs updating timed out.
I'll look into it, but most likely all files uploaded fine.I tested multiple times and tracks are no longer getting synced. So in this case it's not a 'false' last sync incomplete error.

Would it help to remove the pairing in the Foobar app and pair it again? Any other advise is greatly appreciated as well, since I'm no longer to sync my tracks for weeks now...

Spoon
04-27-2021, 05:04 PM
We are looking into this, and will post an update soon.

Oblique
04-28-2021, 06:26 AM
Thank you! :)

Spoon
05-04-2021, 12:21 PM
We believe we have found the issue, Apple updated their IOS and specifically block apps from doing network broadcasting unless a special permission has been granted, by Apple, on a per application basis. We are going through this process and hope to have an updated app soon.

Oblique
05-04-2021, 02:13 PM
I don't use Apple though... I use the Android app.

Oblique
05-04-2021, 02:39 PM
I just tried 'REMOVE PAIRING' in the Android app and paired it again. I had to add my phone again, but after adding a new sync profile, both profiles immediately started to sync. I deleted the newly created sync profile and tried again. And although I had to pause TuneFUSION in the Foobar Android app and turn it back on again, which I usually have to do. It worked again, so this issue is fixed.

Any clue why I constantly have to turn it off (pause) and turn it back on again to make it work?

PeterP
05-07-2021, 09:28 AM
Thanks for all the info.

Multiple bugs that you've encountered are being addressed for the next update, I'll get back to you when there's a new build to test.

If there are multiple pairings of the same device present, please delete redundant ones - it's a bug that such can be created effectively referencing the same device.

PeterP
05-08-2021, 09:09 AM
iOS issue has been addressed, version 1.2.18 is in review.
Beta testers can get it already- https://www.foobar2000.org/test-ios

Oblique
05-20-2021, 05:54 AM
Thanks for all the info.

Multiple bugs that you've encountered are being addressed for the next update, I'll get back to you when there's a new build to test.

If there are multiple pairings of the same device present, please delete redundant ones - it's a bug that such can be created effectively referencing the same device.I don't want to come across as impatient or anything, but is there any ETA on the new build?

Btw, I did delete 'double' pairings. It only synced both profiles once automatically, after I tried to re-pair my phone to see if that fixed the problem. It worked once or twice and then it stopped working again.

PeterP
05-20-2021, 09:05 AM
I'm sorry about the slow responses, you have every right to be impatient.
I'm reimplementing TuneFUSION pairing protocol now, expect a new build next week.

Oblique
05-23-2021, 06:02 AM
Thanks for understanding! :)

Can't wait to try out the new build!

PeterP
05-27-2021, 11:14 AM
New fb2k mobile for Android in beta (1.2.20), new iOS beta hopefully tomorrow.

No longer relies on unreliable network discovery to know when to sync. Simply open TuneFUSION page to connect and begin sync session.

Can now pair without network discovery - if automatic pairing fails, use passcode (requires new version of TuneFUSION app).

Oblique
05-28-2021, 05:12 AM
Where can I find Foobar mobile beta version for Android? I'm on the Foobar site now and you can only download 1.2.18 or older versions.

edit: I'm also not getting the beta option in the Playstore. I know this because on an old phone I do get this option, but that one is too compromised to use.

Spoon
05-28-2021, 06:14 AM
Full release very soon.

PeterP
06-01-2021, 09:32 AM
https://www.foobar2000.org/test-android to sign up for beta
Standalone APKs will be available shortly.