PDA

View Full Version : [Q]dmC Scripting Object

Unregistered
04-26-2004, 12:33 PM
Hello All,
I have been playing with the dmCScripting object to automate conversion of many (>300) files. (Yes I know that there is a way to do it in dmC already by dmC seesm to have a bug that makes it impractical for my needs (see earlier thread))

I am successfully converting one file at time using 'AddFromFile()' and then GoConversion()

I am now tweaking my proigie ;-) and want to allow the user to be able to cancel very long conversions.
When I press the Cancel buooton on the 'dmC conversion screen' dmC dutifully cancel its conversion but I cannot seem to get my program to detect that that has happened!

I assumed that WasConvError() would retun an error when 'cancel' was pressed in the dmC but that does not seem to be happeing.

Can any dmC guru suggest how I can detect that the user pressed cancel on the dmC?

Thanks and Kind Regards,

iv

Spoon
04-28-2004, 08:12 AM
Hmmmmm, scripting was designed to be fully automated, I didn't think that someone would press cancel, so it does not report that - I cannot think of any way to detect part encoded files...

Unregistered
04-30-2004, 05:53 PM
<snip> I cannot think of any way to detect part encoded files...

Well the GoConversion() call retunrs immedately the Cancel button is pressed - so the dmC does the correct thing there ;-)
I waswas hoping that it is a 'simple' matter of you passing and an error code though that the WasConvError() call can detect an report.
IV

Spoon
05-01-2004, 04:02 AM
I can add it to the wish list.

Unregistered
05-04-2004, 08:58 AM
I can add it to the wish list.
GREAT! Thank you!
iv