PDA

View Full Version : DEAD AIR... m4p to mp4 to mp3

Unregistered
04-21-2004, 09:26 AM
I've looked at all the posts and followed all the directions...there are many others out there also wondering why, after converting M4p to Mp4 then finally to Mp3, there is no sound whatsoever...has anyone solved this problem or found out why??

There is an mp3 file there, but when played, there is no sound at all.

I need to convert because my purchased tracks through iTunes are not recognized by Traktor DJ mixing software.

Thanks, any input is greatly appreciated.

Spoon
04-22-2004, 07:51 AM
Convert the m4p to m4a with the tool then try to play in iTunes (the unprotected m4a), if that does not play then converting to mp3 will not help.

Unregistered
04-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Great... I tried it, and it worked! Thanks for the help Spoon. For anyone else's information, here's what I did:

1. Converted M4P to MP4 using m4p2mp4 file. Using instructions at the bottome of this page: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=3466&page=2&pp=15&highlight=m4p2mp4

2. Renamed MP4 to M4a using M4a renaming extension codec at the bottom of this page: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

3. Converted M4a to Mp3 using DBpoweramp with the MP4 codec.

A little time consuming, but it works....now I can mix my Itunes on DJ Traktor.

Unregistered
04-23-2004, 10:10 AM
*Sigh*... No sooner had I basked in the glory of my accomplishment, that I came across another problem....

I am having trouble converting M4p's with multiple words in the title. One word titles are fine....for example:

m4p2mp4.exe Song Title.m4p Song Title.mp4 I get this error:
Options: -t don't copy tags
(note: I type in the song names exactly as they show up on Itunes)

OR

m4p2mp4.exe Song_title.m4p Song_title.mp4 I get this error:
m4p2mp4.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.

Any suggestions??

Unregistered
04-23-2004, 10:46 AM
Well, in the meantime, i've been able to step around this simply by right-clicking on the song, going to properties, and re-naming the tune into a one word title....this has seemed to fix the latest problem...but if anyone has any suggestions so that I don't have to rename all the time, my ears are open....

Thanks.

rio_dj
05-03-2004, 05:49 PM
I did it from the command line and used quotes around the source and target filenames. Worked fine for me.