PDA

View Full Version : Adding Files to Foobar2000 Mobile, Not Deleting Old Files From Last Sync?

mccheesy
11-21-2020, 03:04 PM
I use Foobar2000 mobile on my iPhone X and would like to use the sync function to simply add new music to my phone.

Every time I drag files into my designated TuneFusion Sync folder and begin a sync, my Foobar2000 app reads a message "Deleting Old Files" before syncing new music.

I do not want old files to be deleted.

Is there a way for me to simply have a sync be additive? I would prefer that my sync folder is not full of literally every single file that I want on my phone, but instead what I want to add.

It's frustrating to add an album and then notice whatever I synced last time is now automatically deleted.

Spoon
11-22-2020, 09:48 AM
Uncheck the advanced option 'Delete destination tracks no longer present in source'

mccheesy
11-22-2020, 03:49 PM
That option was already unselected and has never been checked

mccheesy
11-22-2020, 03:59 PM
I deleted the sync profile for my phone and made a new one and have tested adding music through multiple sync's and it appears that the issue has cleared up for now.

I am uncertain if this was a bug with my phone or the TuneFusion program but either way thank you for the response.

If I could ask one more question, is it possible to have TuneFusion sync songs only with a certain Tag written to them, such as a Foobar2000 "Favorite" tag? If not, I know an easy workaround, but a native solution would be quite nice.

PeterP
11-26-2020, 07:41 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

Re favourite tag, feature request noted.

Re original deletion issue-
Did you perhaps use smart playlist options? I see those may delete old content regardless of the "delete destination tracks no longer present in source" option, we're investigating it.