PDA

View Full Version : PlusV

Unregistered
06-17-2002, 03:55 PM
I have downloaded the PlusV codec but it never completes encoding a file and reports a codec error - no other details are mentioned. I have checked that all the files are in the PlusV folder and they all seem to be there. I used the link from the forum on the PlusV site.

Am I doing anything wrong or is there a helpfile available?

Thanks for your time.

Spoon
06-17-2002, 04:43 PM
A debugging registry variable can be set so that the command string that will be issued to the ECC is copied to the clipboard. Set a DWORD registry value of CLIDebug to 1 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dbpoweramp. Convert a file as you would waiting for the on screen debug instructions.

It should tell you what is going wrong.

Unregistered
06-18-2002, 04:09 AM
Hi Spoon,

I entered the registry value as you suggested.

I then attempted to convert a file. A CLI Debugger dialog box appeared with the following:

The command window to encode has been placed in the clipboard. Open a DOS command window - select its Menu>>Edit>>Paste. Once this ok is pressed - the temporary files required to compress will be deleted.

I then opened a MS-DOS prompt window and clicked the paste icon on the menu and text detailing the compression was pasted in. I then pressed OK on the CLI Dialog box but the Codec Error message appeared about 30 seconds later with no clue as what went wrong. Is there anywhere else I should be looking?

The contents of the PLUSV folder under Compression are:

options.txt
lamepv.exe
lame.exe
copying

Am I doing everything right? Do I need the Powerpack for this codec to work? I am really interested in using PlusV for my web site so hopefully I can get it to work. I have used other conversion codecs with your program with no problems. Thanks for your help and hope I do not appear to clueless!

Spoon
06-18-2002, 11:29 AM
Ogg is a better format for web pages, or even mp3.

>I then opened a MS-DOS prompt window and clicked the paste icon on the menu and text detailing the compression was pasted in.

You need to press Enter in the MS-DOS window to execute the command, before you press OK on the CLI Dialog.

Unregistered
06-18-2002, 11:53 AM
Spoon,

Thanks for your reply.

You know what? I actually uninstalled the converter and all the codecs I had installed. I reinstalled just the converter and just the plusv codec and it worked. However what was a 2m.40s track became 2m.10s instead and the recording was unlistenable in places!

I agree with you about ogg but, as well as mp3 files I have available, I wanted another smaller file available for users to download if they wished although even with 30 seconds missing the PlusV file was still larger than an MP3pro one!

Thanks again,

Tom

Unregistered
06-18-2002, 03:11 PM
Just a quick update. I converted a wav file this time and it sounded fine. However the problem with the time showing remained although when the player reached 00:00 it carried on playing for the songs duration.

Spoon
06-18-2002, 03:17 PM
Realistically I don't think PlusV will become a stable encoder, from what I can see it has been canned.