PDA

View Full Version : Will Image Converter Batch Convert and Reduce Size

mwhals
07-06-2020, 09:54 PM
If I wanted to take my 2500 x 2500 PNG files and make JPEGs that were 1000 x 1000, but keep the PNG, can Image Converter do that? Also is there a discount for one that just bought dbpoweramp V17.1 and Image Perfect latest version?

Spoon
07-07-2020, 06:08 AM
Image converter can do that, there will be a discount for Image Converter on your registered download page.

mwhals
07-07-2020, 11:26 PM
Image converter can do that, there will be a discount for Image Converter on your registered download page.

Thanks! I bought it and found how to copy a 2500 x 2500 PNG to a JPG 1000 x 1000.

What I could not figure out was a way to change the name of the destination file for multiple directories. I also did not find a way to select only one file type in batch converter when there are PNG and JPG files, but only want to select *.PNG as the source.

Spoon
07-08-2020, 04:12 AM
In batch converter is a filter button when choosing the files, select on jpg.

The naming give an example source file (including folder name) and example destination file and folder.

mwhals
07-08-2020, 08:18 AM
In batch converter is a filter button when choosing the files, select on jpg.

The naming give an example source file (including folder name) and example destination file and folder.

Thanks. I found the filter button in the bottom left corner. I was looking elsewhere before. I am familiar with dynamic naming from using dbpoweramp ripping program extensively, but I am not sure how to dynamically code a specific file name other than the original file name.

What I want to ultimately do is copy all of my cover.png files throughout my music directories and create folder.jpg files in the same folders. I found that I can hit F2 and change the name, but it is tedious to change 700 - 800 names. I am wondering if there is a bulk naming option when files are in different directories.

Spoon
07-08-2020, 10:04 AM
You could try:

[origpath]\folder

as the naming

mwhals
07-08-2020, 10:25 AM
You could try:

[origpath]\folder

as the naming

Thanks. Already had tried that and it did not work. The following popup box appears when I try that.

Spoon
07-08-2020, 11:50 AM
If you run regedit, and browse to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Illustrate\dBpowerampIm age\dMCCodec

Then for JPEG

set the DMCDynamicNaming item directly:

[origpath]\Folder

mwhals
07-08-2020, 12:05 PM
If you run regedit, and browse to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Illustrate\dBpowerampIm age\dMCCodec

Then for JPEG

set the DMCDynamicNaming item directly:

[origpath]\Folder

Thanks. I will try it. I assume I need to change it back in the registry afterward? I won't want everything I ever do always name it Folder.jpg. Just the music directories.

Spoon
07-08-2020, 12:35 PM
You can change it in the program back later.

mwhals
07-08-2020, 12:49 PM
You can change it in the program back later.

Thanks. I made the change and it worked. I guess next time I will have to do it again in the registry. If I select a different dynamic naming for a following conversion to jpg, the Folder option in the registry is changed to what is used in the following conversion. Maybe, it is better in the future if I want to copy cover.png to a jpg, just let it go to cover.jpg and use a name changer to change all cover.jpg to folder.jpg. I think that is simpler.

http://www.den4b.com/products/renamer

sahrenity
08-21-2020, 07:59 AM
Thank's for this recommendation.