PDA

View Full Version : Eject CD feature misbehaving itself

Desperately See
03-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Hi,

I just got myself the registered version of dMC as I've just bought an iRiver iHP-140 and want to encode my CD collection (around 2000 CDs).

Everything seems fine except for the eject CD option. Once the current CD is finished, the prog ejects the CD and then, apparently randomly, keeps opening and closing the tray, once or twice catching me in the act of changing CDS - not healthy for the fingers or the CDs. Also, while the tray is opening and shutting, the program itself freezes and not until I've managed to (quickly) swap CDs over will it spring back into life.

Anyone got any ideas? - It's driving me mad :vmad: ;)

If its any use I've got two CD drives (one's a CDRW and the other a DVD drive - I tend to use the DVD 'cos the CDRW is a tad noisy) I'm not sure which one's primary but they are both on the same IDE channel)

TIA

DS

xoas
03-28-2004, 12:23 AM
I assume you are using dMC Audio CD Input for your ripping. Click on the Options button (not on the arrow right next to it). A window should open up entitled dMC-Audio CD Input Options. Scan down this window to the section entitled Drive Options. The first item there will read "Eject After Rip". If this is checked, uncheck it. That SHOULD fix your problem.
best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Desperately See
03-28-2004, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the reply Xoas.

Your suggestion will fix the problem - except for the fact that I want the CD to eject when it has finished, I just don't want the CD tray to keep opening and closing automatically - after all, what's the point in including the option to eject the CD when it doesn't work (for me anyway) :headbang:

DS

xoas
03-28-2004, 01:45 PM
My earlier advice was really a work-around rather than a fix (as you correctly infer). Sometimes workarounds are quicker and easier.
As you want to try to resolve this problem, let me ask:
Does this happen with your CDRW drive as well or only with the DVD drive? (and yes I realise you don't really WANT to use your CDRW drive, this is a diagnostic question).
Do you have other ripping software with the auto-eject CD option? If so, does this software have the same problem or not?
What operating system are you using?
If you are using XP, do you have the computer set so that each time a cd is loaded the computer will copy music from the cd using dMC Audio CD Iput? If so, would you try unclicking or disabling this auto select option and see if you still have the same problem?
Let us know what you find and maybe we can come up with a better answer for you.
Bill Mikkelsen

Desperately See
03-28-2004, 07:31 PM
Again, Xoas - thanks for the suggestions:

I do use XP but I haven't set dMC to run automatically - in fact I always choose "take no action".

The problem occurs with both CD drives (I tested it last night as I thought it might be an issue with the ide channel or a master/slave thing)

I don't have any other CD ripping software but I do have a CD database that will automatically add each CD simply by inserting it - this auto ejects and I have had no problems (so far!). This program does not run in the background so I'm fairly certain it is not interfering with dMC...

Any more ideas?

TIA

DS

Spoon
03-30-2004, 07:09 AM
I have seen it (happens if some drives are slaves), I have it constantly noted down as a bug.