PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request - Sticky Windows in Source Filtering

Corteq
01-08-2020, 02:15 PM
I have a large collection of 1300 digital albums and sync some to my iPhone and some to other devices. My selection method is to open the Album Artist window, check and item and move to the Album window to select an album or 2. I then go back to the Album Artist view to choose my next one but the view has returned to the top, making navigating a little slow and tedious. If the windows were sticky for the session I could move back and forth between the windows and make my selections a lot easier. Hopefully this makes sense.

A better solution would be a folder view which would allow selecting an album artist (folder) and that opens sub folders for selection. A good example of this is the Batch Converter navigation panel. This on TuneFusion would be perfect.

Thank you for creating affordable programs that fulfil the needs of audiophile junkies.

garym
01-08-2020, 03:02 PM
I have a large collection of 1300 digital albums and sync some to my iPhone and some to other devices. My selection method is to open the Album Artist window, check and item and move to the Album window to select an album or 2. I then go back to the Album Artist view to choose my next one but the view has returned to the top, making navigating a little slow and tedious. If the windows were sticky for the session I could move back and forth between the windows and make my selections a lot easier. Hopefully this makes sense.

A better solution would be a folder view which would allow selecting an album artist (folder) and that opens sub folders for selection. A good example of this is the Batch Converter navigation panel. This on TuneFusion would be perfect.

Thank you for creating affordable programs that fulfil the needs of audiophile junkies.

Agree 100%. I have thousands of artists and about 9000 albums. At any give time I only want to sync a handful of these to my iphone with foobar2000 mobile. But it is challenging as I need to scroll though a long ALBUM list looking for the correct albums (which are not organized by ARTIST). If I could select an artist or album artist, then select the specific albums I want, this would be so much easier. Thanks.

Spoon
01-08-2020, 04:49 PM
Looks like we need to release an updated beta, I have R1.3 and it orders the album listing by Artist - album

Corteq
01-08-2020, 06:03 PM
Well that's positive. Of course Artist is different from Album Artist. A preferred sort order is "Album Artist\Album", or a folder view which would give a similar result for most people.

Spoon
01-12-2020, 11:03 AM
R1.3 posted to the testing section of this forum.

garym
01-12-2020, 04:40 PM
Well that's positive. Of course Artist is different from Album Artist. A preferred sort order is "Album Artist\Album", or a folder view which would give a similar result for most people.

I've installed the 1.3 beta. A move in the right direction with [album artist] in front of album. But in my setup of over 8,000 albums, only a small percentage use the tag field album artist. So this new feature doesn't solve my problem in selecting only some albums, by artist. It would be fantastic if we could also get something equivalent that would list album by [artist] as well. Thanks.

EDIT: ultimately, what would be perfect is something like the listing that comes up with batch convert. You see the directory tree, which allows one to see the artist folder, then any album folders underneath. I suspect 90% or more of users have their files organized in such a way.

Spoon
01-13-2020, 08:27 AM
We have reissued the latest beta to include artist in the album if no album artist.

garym
01-13-2020, 08:33 AM
We have reissued the latest beta to include artist in the album if no album artist.

Thanks!