PDA

View Full Version : MCC - player v.2 - tag editor

BUTCH852
03-11-2004, 12:56 PM
love the MMC editor as i find it very useful for playlisting in media players. found out though that batch editing more than 1 field at the same time resulted in other fields being affected. ie: i batch edited album and track to delete info that i did not want. i realize that i cannot simply delete a field so i delete and then put in a blank space to remove the info on both album and track with several files at the same time. this action resulted in loosing several characters at the end of the string in artist and title fields (if the string was say over 30 characters in length). i restored the missing characters and then batch edited album delete with a space and then separately batch edited track delete with a space . artist and title info remained intact. why do i have to pad with a space in order to delete? why do characters disappear in other fields when i batch edit more than 1 field at a time?

donny
03-12-2004, 07:10 AM
which version of the ID-tags are in those files.. version 1 is limited to 30 or 32 chars... check the setup for dap about this... I know there is a setting in the dMC configuration on which ID tags to use ( I think the best is "smart v1 & v2")....