PDA

View Full Version : CD Writer errors

keithbaran
03-09-2004, 04:55 AM
When I try to convert & burn files ie:Wave, ape, to a cd I keep getting an error at the end of the burn "error occured while closing track, disk is not written" the disk will not play but it is closed.I have tried different *'s of files , different file extensions,changing the burn speed nothing works I am using ImitationCD-r 80 min, my burner is a Pioneer DVR 105, I have used a few different programs and they have all worked fine. At a loss , any ideas?
Thanx, :confused: :confused: Keith

Spoon
03-09-2004, 08:09 AM
What happens if you burn 70 minutes worth?

keithbaran
03-09-2004, 10:43 PM
What happens if you burn 70 minutes worth?
Thanks for the response , I have tried burning about 89% of a 80 min cd and tried different amounts after that ie. 70 % , 50% , 20% same error. I have not tried a 70 min cd.

Spoon
03-10-2004, 08:21 AM
The 105 is a DVD writer as well?

LJK
03-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Just wanted to let you know...
I had a similar problem a week or so ago and was all set to go the forum when first decided to do some research. Turns out an xp site I'd visited (grc.com - xp patches / fixes) had 'invaded' The Box - pop-up spam, plus I started burning coasters instead of CD's!!! Had to do a System Restore to a date prior to visiting their site. Fortunately, could backtrace w/ firewall - - or I'd never have found it!

keithbaran
03-18-2004, 03:43 AM
I have exhuasted every troubleshooting idea I have ,I have even tried burning only a few songs at every write speed I have from 2x to 16 x and everything in between. Same results , it says that it writes and closes every track , then the last track writes and closes and it proceeds to close the disk,then the error pops up that states "CD drive error , While closing, the track was never completed, Audio disk has not been written" when I do a properties on the disk it shows no bytes on the disk or none aval. and no players on my computer or other players recognize it. But I can use Music Match , Creative , Nero , or Sony 's software and burn disks all day long. ????
Spoon , I did register my copy of CDwriter, but in my menu under all programs , it has an option under dbamp to register CD writer, could that have something to do with this? Man, now that I have been using db amp I do not want to use any of those other programs. Any help would be appreciated VERY MUCH thanx Keith Baran

Spoon
03-31-2004, 04:31 AM
To check if CD Writer is registered run 'dMC Configuration', are you able to install the latest firmware for the DVD drive?

keithbaran
04-02-2004, 02:15 AM
thanx for responding,
under config: dmc release 10 beta three
Power Pac Release 3 Registered: Yes
dbpowerampcdwriter Release 1.1

but nothing under that

I do have in MY Zipped folder a file that is call dbpowerampcdwriter- registered.
Should I uninstall cd writer , unzip and install the one in my zipped folder. My order number for this purchase was U4760135 Feb/15/2004 Will I still be registered?

Spoon
04-02-2004, 05:26 AM
Ah right, on that page it does not show if it is registered or not. To tell if it is registered, run 'dBpowerAMP CD Writer' and if it is NOT registered it will say [Unregistered] on the title.

keithbaran
04-02-2004, 01:12 PM
I launch cdwriter and in the title "dbpowerAMP cd writer" so I guess it is the registered version?Oh , by the way I did check firmware update and I am running the current version for the Pioneer 105.I'm at a loss?????

keithbaran
04-03-2004, 01:45 AM
Spoon, Hi, I tried burning MP3 disc , 80 min cd, 11 songs, it worked. so I went back and tried an audio disk again, to make a long story short I figured out if I use only 70% of disk space, and leave 30% free it completes the closing of the disk regardless of the format type of the disk. I tried using 75% of disk space , and it gives the error message " CD drive error , While closing, the track was never completed, Audio disk has not been written" . Any Ideas?? Thanx :confused: :confused:

Spoon
04-03-2004, 05:42 AM
That is odd, according to your earlier message:

Thanks for the response , I have tried burning about 89% of a 80 min cd and tried different amounts after that ie. 70 % , 50% , 20% same error. I have not tried a 70 min cd.

Has something changed between those two burnings?

Unregistered
04-03-2004, 06:19 AM
I ran the install again ( I did not unistall prior to doing this)and then tried burning the MP3 disk (which I had never trird) , other than that nothing different.

keithbaran
04-03-2004, 08:57 AM
The prior post was mine , forgot to log in

Spoon
04-04-2004, 02:27 AM
I don't really have any ideas what it can be, you say you have tried a different brand of CD-R and even lowered the burning speed to 4x

keithbaran
05-02-2004, 02:41 PM
Spoon, I know I have beat this issue to death but I discovered something interesting and I'm hoping this might help find the solution to this problem. I just used a cd-rw and tried the same procedures as in previous attempts to write to a cd. It worked every time, then I put a cd-r back in and I get the same error as in the previous posts????? Also if I were to completley uninstall cd writer when i reinstall the zipped file that was uploaded to me after I payed my registration, will it still recognize me as registered?? If not what do I need to do to be registered again, I used the converter prog a lot. thanx Keith baran

Spoon
05-02-2004, 09:36 PM
If you drop me an email with your full name a registered install can be given:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

keithbaran
05-03-2004, 01:24 PM
I tried removing the original registered CD writer, and installing the new one you sent . Same problem,I just tried burning a CD with about 50 min of music on a 80 min CD, every track shows "writing track" then "closing track"all the way until the last function "closing disk" then after a few seconds the error "CD drive error while closing Audio disk has not been written" but the CD has data on it , it's just not closed, but I can pop in a cd-rw and it will work perfect or I tried doing a CD to CD convert, like a disk copy using a CD-r and that worked perfect also.
I have tried converting waves,monkey audio, MP3's to audio CD and that error occurs every time, unless I use only about 20 minutes of a 80 min CD. Then it works fine. I have several other programs that I use to burn CD's music match, Nero, Sony, Creative and they work fine? Even though they work, do you think it could be a drive/ software compatibility issue? I just don't understand?? :(
Thanx for giving it another shot... This program still Rocks!!!

Spoon
05-03-2004, 07:46 PM
At this stage, all I can offer is a refund for CD Writer.

keithbaran
05-03-2004, 08:09 PM
No refund necessary. I'll keep messing around with it. The money spent is well worth the time you put into this project, I would however like to be a candidate for any Beta test of any new versions just in case something changes or I get a new computer or something. :thumbup:

keithbaran
08-01-2004, 02:27 AM
Hey Spoon,
Favor to ask, I was never able to get CD writer to work, so I formatted my hard drive and started from scratch, I first loaded db amp player, then my registered version of Power PAC, then CD writer, the problem is, when I check config to see versions, it shows that my CD writer is not registered. Power PAC is, but not CD writer, I had saved the registered copies that were sent to me and used those to install. I can not figure out why Power PAC shows registered and CD writer does not. I can provide you with all the invoice numbers and dates of purchase, Thanks for all your help....Keith Baran

ChristinaS
08-01-2004, 02:54 AM
I tried removing the original registered CD writer, and installing the new one you sent . Same problem,I just tried burning a CD with about 50 min of music on a 80 min CD, every track shows "writing track" then "closing track"all the way until the last function "closing disk" then after a few seconds the error "CD drive error while closing Audio disk has not been written" but the CD has data on it , it's just not closed, but I can pop in a cd-rw and it will work perfect or I tried doing a CD to CD convert, like a disk copy using a CD-r and that worked perfect also.
I have tried converting waves,monkey audio, MP3's to audio CD and that error occurs every time, unless I use only about 20 minutes of a 80 min CD. Then it works fine. I have several other programs that I use to burn CD's music match, Nero, Sony, Creative and they work fine? Even though they work, do you think it could be a drive/ software compatibility issue? I just don't understand?? :(
Thanx for giving it another shot... This program still Rocks!!!
I have once managed to just close an unclosed burnt cd by simply using Nero for that alone. Mind you, it had originally been burnt by Nero and I had forgotten to check the "close CD" option so I simply tried it on a lark and it worked.

Spoon
08-01-2004, 03:45 AM
The current version of dMC Config will not say if CD writer is registered or not, only looking at the title bar in CD Writer will it tell you.

keithbaran
08-02-2004, 08:06 AM
Spoon,
Forgive me but I'm not sure I understand, the title bar in my mind is the top of the page where the words "cd writer" appear at the top of the window when you open the program. If this is true, when I install either the original I downloaded after I registered it , or the second one you sent me after I realized the problem they both open and just say "cd writer across the top.
Also on a different note in the manual for cd writer, in the section about making mp3 disks it states that there is a button that can be checked to either close the disk or unchecked to leave it open. I cannot find this button.
Thanx

xoas
08-02-2004, 02:24 PM
dBpowerAMP CD Writer (dCW) will not say say if it is registered although I believe that it will tell you if it is unregistered. Spoon thought you were perhaps judging that you were checking in your dMC Configuration window to see whether dCW is registered. That source will also not identify whether your version of dCW is registered or not.
I believe the button to close a disc when you are creating an mp3 disc is found on the screen window entitled dBpowerAMP CD Writer-Ready to Burn that will appear after you press the Burn CD Button on the main window.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

ChristinaS
08-02-2004, 03:51 PM
I believe the button to close a disc when you are creating an mp3 disc is found on the screen window entitled dBpowerAMP CD Writer-Ready to Burn that will appear after you press the Burn CD Button on the main window.

That is correct. Check out the attached pic to see the options.

Spoon
08-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Just to idle chat - a new dMC and new CD writer (release 2) when they are released will say if registered in dMCs config, also dmc will also say which version of the audio player is installed.