PDA

View Full Version : can't download

lees140
06-13-2002, 04:34 PM
I have been trying to download dbpoweramp ..but each time I get to the point to download...a blank window opens ..with a small icon up in the top left corner...but no download follows up..it just sits there. I'm using Win 98se...turned off my anti virus..as well as norton system wks ...but none of this helped..

I have everyting set to accept cookies..etc. Can't figure what's blocking it... I can download from other sites...but so far...download .com and c-net download don't work for this particular program.

Has anyone else had a problem like this.? I have a very large HD ...plenty of memory...and a 950mhz processor AMD...Pent3..

Thanks,, User: lees140:sad:

Spoon
06-13-2002, 06:06 PM
Try installing a program called 'My GetRight', you will find it from www.download.com - this should then take care of the downloading (which is much better than Internet Explorer at downloading).

MODatic
06-13-2002, 10:05 PM
My favourite downloader has to be Star Downloader. It's freeware, is not adware and is definitely not spyware. It also intergrates perfectly with IE, Opera, Netscape & Mozilla. It has such a nice interface.

Star Downloader Homepage (http://www.stardownloader.com/)

lees140
06-14-2002, 01:43 PM
I went to the site listed for the free download program..but the problem is..I still get that White screen with the little icon up in the top left hand corner...no downloading starts...even though I clicked on the line to Download ..something is not set correct in my setup for Windows 98se...or Internet Explorer..ver.6.0...never use to have this problem...

Thaks for the follow up though..appreciate it.:)

lees140

Spoon
06-15-2002, 05:07 AM
Not sure what could be causing that, perhaps the .exe extension has been associated with somthing it shouldn't be?

lees140
06-17-2002, 01:33 PM
Thanks much...problem solved..thankgoodness...had a friend of mine from PalTalk forward me a good little download program via PalTalk...it works Great! Now I can dowload anything I need..

Appreciate the help offers...Have a good week...

Thaks again, lees140 :)