PDA

View Full Version : Scripting Options for MP3 Player Download component

Unregistered
06-13-2002, 10:52 AM
Do we have any scripting options for the mp3 player control part? I'm looking for some help in accessing the Nike PSA[play MP3 player. I need to download files into it from my application I built using VB. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Elango.

Spoon
06-13-2002, 11:02 AM
Scripting Sveta Portable Audio will only work as far as sending files - have a look at the scripting examples for dMC, when you set ConvertTo pass the name that you gave the nike player.

Unregistered
06-13-2002, 11:32 AM
Thank you very much for your quick response. Could you please give me some source code example? I tried this:

Dim dMC As New DMCSCRIPTINGLib.Converter

dMC.ConvertToFolder = True

Call dMC.AddFromFile("D:\Anand\Music\CD1\ithuthankathalenbadha(tamil).mp 3")

dMC.ToFolder = "nike psa[play digital audio player"

Set dMC = Nothing

I'm not sure how to do this. Please help me!

Thanks.
Elango.

Unregistered
06-13-2002, 12:25 PM
Actually I modified the code to:

dMC.ConvertToFolder = True

dMC.ToFolder = "c:\"

Call dMC.AddFromFile("D:\Elango\LatestMobileFit\Scripts\mp3 files\Final\29Final3BP2ExLastSet.mp3")

Call dMC.GoConversion("nike psa[play digital audio player", False, False, False, False)

But, it says, 'unable to write to portable device, check connection or memory space'

The sveta audio player is able to list the contents and 100% free (no files in there). Any fix for this problem?

Please let me know. I'm desperate :-)

Thank you very much.

Elango.

Spoon
06-13-2002, 03:59 PM
Try changing one of the false's to true that sets if it shows the Options page - it might try to connect on the options page.

Unregistered
06-14-2002, 12:25 PM
I tried that...it is still not able to download. The software doesn't respond. I'm not sure if its a problem with the COM. Is there any other way to get this to work?

Can I write my own COM to download files? what do I need to do to accomplish this functionality?

Please help me.........

Thank you.
Elango.

Spoon
06-15-2002, 05:06 AM
If you set the option so it shows the option page, from scripting, does it show it and say 'Connecting to xyz'? Where does it freeze?

Unregistered
06-15-2002, 08:00 AM
It freezes after the options page. It identifies the nike player and shows me the internal memory card as the location to 'Write To'. also, When I choose 'Audio Format' as [MP3 Lame], it even converts the whole thing and freezes when it is 100% complete. When I choose the 'Audio Format' as [Send As Is], it freezes at 0% after I hit 'Connect>>'.

Please let me know if I can fix this problem.

Thank you.

Elango.