PDA

View Full Version : ID Tags after converting

adddoc
06-12-2002, 09:41 AM
I just downlaoded and installed your converter and trial power pack. I have a ton of cds I have copied onto my computer in .wma mode and have been using windows media player (on XP). I want all my files to be in mp3 . . . when I convert using your program about half the songs lose the id information (artist, year, album) from the my music folder. Any ideas? How can I convert the music into mp3 format from .wma format and not lose the info. Again, if I click on ten songs on the same cd and convert all at once, some will be fine and some won't.

Spoon
06-12-2002, 09:59 AM
Run the dMC Configuration program and select ID Tag 'Never Create V2'.

adddoc
06-12-2002, 10:18 AM
Thanks, that seemed to fix my problem. Should I always use the "never 2" option? Even for songs I have downloaded? Maybe the better question is, when should I use the 1 and 2 option? Thanks again.

Spoon
06-12-2002, 11:42 AM
An ID3 V2 tag is a more extended version of a V1 tag, it does not have the same fixed string length that v1 tags do.

There is nothing wrong with v2 tags, it is just the Microsoft have put so little effort into supporting mp3 files, they do not read the v2 tags correctly.