PDA

View Full Version : id3 tag lost

Unregistered
02-22-2004, 02:07 AM
I have some mp3's that I downloaded which have the id tagging that I want to burn to a regular cd (not mp3). They get converted fine but when I burn them to a cd the id's are lost. I have the box checked for "preserve id tags" but they don't end up on the new disk. I have the latest version 10.1 and the powerpack trial installed. Am I doing something wrong?

Wayne
02-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Which version id tags do they contain and how have you got dMC configured as regards id tags?

Unregistered
02-22-2004, 09:53 PM
Which version id tags do they contain and how have you got dMC configured as regards id tags?
The songs have version 1.1 and 2.3 id3's. I have the default config on dMC (smart v1 & v2) and I have the box checked for "professional frequency conversion". I have not tried the dMC with professionally produced cds so I don't know how it works with those.

Wayne
02-23-2004, 01:20 AM
If I understand you correctly you are creating an audio CD from MP3s. At the moment dBpowerAMP CD Writer doesn't support CT-Text. I have read somewhere that CD-Text is only possible with disk-at-once burning which dCW doesn't allow, hence the 2 second gap between tracks.

Wayne

Unregistered
02-23-2004, 05:50 AM
ok. Well I appreciate your help.

Wayne
02-23-2004, 09:01 PM
If you are looking for a free cd burner, which supports CD-Text and disk-at-once, you could try DeepBurner.