PDA

View Full Version : AccurateRip Fails For Entire CD: What To Do?

ferrarabrainpan
10-13-2018, 02:04 PM
I probably don't fully grasp how AccurateRip works, but from what I understand it compares my rip with rips for the same CD as it appears in some database which records rips of the same CD by other users. But it seems that if the CD is identified as a different version or pressing (or even a completely different album/artist) then my rip results will be marked inaccurate. This is what happened with my copy of ABBA Gold which is a three-disc edition containing two CDs (ABBA Gold and More ABBA Gold, both previously released separately) plus a DVD version of ABBA Gold. Disc 2, More ABBA Gold has 20 tracks, all of which ripped securely and all of which show the RED X AR (2). After this happened once I submitted AccurateRip results to online database using the Options tool. Ripping a second time showed the same results with the RED X AR (2). I don't think this means there are errors in my rip but I guess it means it is due to this version of the album not appearing in the database.

Any recommendations on what I should do to get positive AR results for rips of this pressing, for myself and anyone else who rips it?

garym
10-13-2018, 02:15 PM
I probably don't fully grasp how AccurateRip works, but from what I understand it compares my rip with rips for the same CD as it appears in some database which records rips of the same CD by other users. But it seems that if the CD is identified as a different version or pressing (or even a completely different album/artist) then my rip results will be marked inaccurate. This is what happened with my copy of ABBA Gold which is a three-disc edition containing two CDs (ABBA Gold and More ABBA Gold, both previously released separately) plus a DVD version of ABBA Gold. Disc 2, More ABBA Gold has 20 tracks, all of which ripped securely and all of which show the RED X AR (2). After this happened once I submitted AccurateRip results to online database using the Options tool. Ripping a second time showed the same results with the RED X AR (2). I don't think this means there are errors in my rip but I guess it means it is due to this version of the album not appearing in the database.

Any recommendations on what I should do to get positive AR results for rips of this pressing, for myself and anyone else who rips it?

correct. It simply doesn't match other versions in the AR database. Nothing you can do. However, you should be sure and submit your ripping results every now and then (option under CD ripping for submitting your results). This way, the AR database gets populated with your ripping info and that helps others. (This is the entire basis of how AR works....crowd sourcing CD rip info for use in matching.)