PDA

View Full Version : Profiles change every time something is changed. Feature Request

CCC1
08-26-2018, 01:06 AM
Hello I've just purchased your produkt "Image Converter".

It's a great tool, but the profile implementation is not optimal for me.

You can save a profile (for example jpg quality3 with scaling to a specific range) but every time you change something for example quality 3 to 4, it is saved and next time I use the converter, it's started with quality 4 instead of 3.

I hope you can understand what I had expected. Set a profile and if you use this profile for a single process then any changes are only for this specific converting process. Next time the profile is with the original start settings.

Spoon
08-26-2018, 07:42 AM
If you enable profiles (Control Centre >> Advanced Settings >> Enable Profiles in Converter) then create just a unique profile called jpeg quality 3 and never change the settings for it once created.

CCC1
08-26-2018, 03:53 PM
If you enable profiles (Control Centre >> Advanced Settings >> Enable Profiles in Converter) then create just a unique profile called jpeg quality 3 and never change the settings for it once created.

That's no solution for me. I've enabled profiles and created one but when I need one little change, then I must next time remember to set the changes back. That's quite uncomfortable. Please implement a real Profile Management, thats not affected by changes on only one process.

mville
08-27-2018, 05:52 AM
That's no solution for me. I've enabled profiles and created one but when I need one little change, then I must next time remember to set the changes back. That's quite uncomfortable. Please implement a real Profile Management, thats not affected by changes on only one process.

In the profile management system you want, how would a user edit an existing profile, if the changes aren't saved?

I expect what you need to do is create a new profile based on the existing profile and make the changes in the new profile.

Jailhouse
08-27-2018, 03:19 PM
Set a profile and if you use this profile for a single process then any changes are only for this specific converting process. Next time the profile is with the original start settings.

Perhaps an option for displaying a dialog asking if profile changes should be saved would be useful. Dialog options would be to not save changes, overwrite the existing profile, or create a new one. Choosing which would be the default option, while perhaps somewhat dangerous, might be made possible.

Without opting for the dialog, the current behavior would apply.

mville
08-27-2018, 08:01 PM
Perhaps an option for displaying a dialog asking if profile changes should be saved would be useful.

I agree.