PDA

View Full Version : dBpowerAMP Audio Player R2 Beta 6

Spoon
06-10-2002, 05:22 PM
I have added the MusicMoz link in My Music Collection (right click on a music file) and fixed a previous sort bug.
Download:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpowerAMP-r2-beta6.exe

1.6MB

Let me know how the link works, it tries to smartly format the artist name to get the right page.

Razgo
06-10-2002, 05:40 PM
after downloading the file, it says beta5. is that right?

Spoon
06-10-2002, 05:46 PM
It is right (I cannot think where it says beta 5, maybe installer?)

Either I am up very late, or you are up very early...

Razgo
06-10-2002, 05:54 PM
ok, the file name says dBpowerAMP-r2-beta5.exe

and yes it is late at your end of the world :D

Razgo
06-10-2002, 05:57 PM
also in my version folder it doesn't say what version of dap i have installed?

i see the ver of dmc , file selector, and powerpack, but not dap?

Razgo
06-10-2002, 06:04 PM
never mind Spoon, it was my fault. i downloaded it to a different folder and opened the wrong one.

oooops :headbang:

you can go to sleep now :D

Razgo
06-10-2002, 06:26 PM
i tried a few tracks and the link works. but it never finds the actual artist or info. so i had a look on their page and copied an album/artist name and then edited my tag on a music file to the same name. it would take me to alphabetical listing but not the actual artist link.

so i dunno how it all works.

totalXSive
06-11-2002, 02:21 AM
A couple of bugs with MusicMoz:

1. dAP doesn't like artists in all caps, eg ATB comes out as Atb, and so it doesn't work.

2. It includes the '!' in 'Sash!'. None of the MusicMoz artist categories have exclamation marks in them.

But other than that, I'm impressed :)

totalXSive
06-11-2002, 05:34 AM
Another bug I've noticed is with artist surnames - http://musicmoz.org/Bands_and_Artists/K/Kylie_Minogue/ is actually http://musicmoz.org/Bands_and_Artists/M/Minogue,_Kylie/ . However, I don't think this is anything you can fix ('Alice Deejay', for example, appears as is), so I'll make a post about it in the MusicMoz forums.

Spoon
06-11-2002, 12:53 PM
Not sure what I can do about the capitalization problem...

Spoon
06-11-2002, 12:54 PM
Oh yes, RE 2

Does musicmoz only have A-Z 0-9 and _? if so I could strip out all the other characters.

totalXSive
06-11-2002, 02:07 PM
So far I've seen use of . - _ , in MusicMoz. Àççêñts are also used where appropriate, but ! isn't.

Also, artists starting with 'The' have it move to the end, eg 'Gap_Band,_The', similarly A Band would be 'Band,_A'.

Gosub
06-14-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Spoon
I have added the MusicMoz link in My Music Collection (right click on a music file) and fixed a previous sort bug.

I don't understand how the sorting works in MMC. I was under the impression the new sorting method would allow greater flexibility. For example, I'd like to sort in the following order but can't seem to be able to...

preference/artist/album/track*

I'm thrilled that I can at least get it in album/track* order now, but is there any way to get a more dynamic method?

-Gosub

Spoon
06-15-2002, 04:44 AM
I am not sure such a sort can take place - 4 level sort, because having a sort on the first 2 levels will split everything up so much that sort on the 3rd level of album and track number will not group them together so well. Anyone else see it this way? or do you think it is possible?

Unregistered
06-15-2002, 05:09 PM
I am not sure such a sort can take place - 4 level sort, because having a sort on the first 2 levels will split everything up so much that sort on the 3rd level of album and track number will not group them together so well. Anyone else see it this way? or do you think it is possible?

I guess you're right. In my example, I suppose the final sort criteria of track * wouldn't be so important. In my example, I was literally thinking at the time, "Boy, I'd like to have these sorted by pref, artist and album."

In a more generic way, I'd just think it'd be nice to have that kind of flexibility, where I could sort on three or four levels in any way I liked. Maybe I wouldn't do it too much, but when I did, it'd be nice.

Out of curiosity, would it be very difficult to build in this kind of sorting? If it's like parting the Red Sea, forget about it.

Also, and I haven't checked to see if this has already come up (I'm lazy today), but is there any way you can build in a sort identifier? Meaning, up/down arrows to show which way the column is sorted? Right now, unless I'm missing something, you click on the column and it sorts, but there's no indication on which way it's sorted. Would be nice to have that at a glance.

Thanks, Spoon!

-Gosub

Spoon
06-16-2002, 05:18 AM
Noted,

It wouldn't be difficult, but saying that if you could enter 4 levels of sort - it is very likely that novice users would be put off because it looked so complex to set up.

Gosub
06-18-2002, 09:45 PM
Okay, I just ran across a situation for sorting. I'd really like to be able to sort by artist/album, but can't seem to. Tonite, just now, after I ripped a second Goo Goo Dolls CD, I realized that I really want to be able to sort by artist/album, and by extension, artist/album/track*

Yes? No? Maybe?

-Gosub

P.S. Lord, how I love your software. :-)

Spoon
06-19-2002, 02:35 AM
Set Collection >> Preferences

2nd Sort item to album.

OK, click on artist and they sort to all 3 you wanted.

Unregistered
06-19-2002, 09:36 AM
Set Collection >> Preferences

2nd Sort item to album.

OK, click on artist and they sort to all 3 you wanted.

Beauty! Works like charm! Thanks!

-Gosub

Spoon
07-15-2002, 05:02 PM
I will be releasing the next dAP beta, on or before the weekend.

There is one major new feature (not giving it away ;) ) and a few of usual bug fixes and enhancements.

Razgo
07-15-2002, 06:08 PM
will this next dap beta include any EQ fixes?

MODatic
07-16-2002, 01:05 AM
Power Pack Music Rearrange?
MAD decoder?

Must know, must know... :nospeak:

Narler
07-16-2002, 11:59 PM
As per Razgo's post on eq updates,

Can I just draw your attention to this thread Spoon:

EQ PRESETS THREAD (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?threadid=436)

I'm not sure if you saw my reply in there, as some picture examples I posted there, may help you with determing what's going on with the EQ, before any modifications are included in the next DAP release.

All the best.

Spoon
07-17-2002, 02:39 AM
Thanks, that one had slipped the net.

Spoon
07-19-2002, 03:22 PM
Beta Closed, replaced with Beta 7