PDA

View Full Version : How do I burn existing FLAC files to a CD that plays in a regular CD player?

MrWriter
07-19-2018, 04:03 PM
Hi have dBpoweramp and have imported hundreds of CDS in the FLAC file format. However, if I want to burn some complications that I make up to a regular CD that will play in my car's CD player how can I do that?

Today I simply tried to drag-and-drop FLAC files to a CD, which worked, but my car's CD player doesn't recognise the CD and won't play it. So next I used the dBpoweramp 'Music Converter' to convert some tracks to AIF CD format, then drag-drop those converted files to a blank CD and burned that, again, doesn't play in a regular CD player.

Any ideas?

Dat Ei
07-19-2018, 04:22 PM
You have to check which codecs your audio cd player can handle. Simple cd players can only handle audio cds (red book standard) with wave files (16bit, 44.1kHz).

Dat Ei

MrWriter
07-19-2018, 04:35 PM
My car is old with an old bog-standard CD player that can only play CDs that I buy from HMV.

MrWriter
07-19-2018, 05:07 PM
Ok, using dBpoweramp I used the music converter to convert some FLAC files to WAVE, 16 bit 44.1kHz and then dragged-dropped those converted files onto a blank CD on my Mac desktop and burned it. Won't play in any CD play in the house. Never had this issue with iTunes in the past, I'd just burn a music CD and it worked in the car. Since going over to NAS system and FLAC files after people saying Flac was better than Apple's codec I have not been able to burn CDs for the car anymore. What a drag.