PDA

View Full Version : Editing track "title" and "artist" metadata doesn't edit the file name too?

RecklessMission
03-21-2018, 05:06 PM
Just ripped over a dozen DJ mix CDs with 20 or more tracks apiece and I knew a lot of the tracks and artists were wrong, but ripped anyway with the intention of fixing the metadata later, manually, with PerfectTUNES. I did that, but just noticed the file names didn't update too!

Shouldn't editing metadata also automatically update the file names? Am I missing a setting or function? Is there a way to update the file names to match the metadata?

If not, do I have to update all the file names manually. I already spent hours fixing metadata and now I have to spend many more hours fixing the actual file names too? I'm pretty annoyed about this. Tell me there's an easier way to do this.

Spoon
03-22-2018, 05:25 AM
There is no way the program can guess what the naming string was for the filename, you might have something simple like [artist] - [title] but the program cannot guess this (when you factor in all the characters which also have to be changed to store legal filenames).
If you have dBpoweramp, there is a utility codec called 'arrange audio' which can rename all audio tracks.