PDA

View Full Version : dBpoweramp R16.1 (Mac) - drive not found

Nubben
08-14-2017, 10:05 AM
Hi All,

Am having issues with an Apple SuperDrive (external) and R16.1 on my iMac running macOS Sierra.

For some reason it sees the drive as a SuperDrive (and not the internal drive make/model) but cannot find the drive in the AccurateRip database. I plug the same drive into a MacBook Air running OSX El Capitain and R16.1 - no problem there; it sees it as a regular drive and can match it in AccurateRip database.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

Nubben

Spoon
08-14-2017, 10:45 AM
Apple removed this part (drive name recognition) from Sierra, for reasons unknown.

Nubben
08-14-2017, 05:52 PM
Thanks Spoon.

I don't understand though - I have a Plextor drive hooked up to the iMac with Sierra installed and that is showing up fine. Is it just Apple's external drives then that cannot be shown "properly"?

Also, will the "Apple - Superdrive" (as it shows in dBpoweramp) be available in the database soon? Can I do anything to help adding it?

Many thanks

Spoon
08-15-2017, 06:20 AM
It is not possible to have the Apple - Superdrive in the database because apple use different drives internally, prior to Sierra it used to return the brand of drive, now all apple drives just return 'Apple Superdrive' which is not very useful.

PeterP
08-15-2017, 06:22 AM
We cannot put Apple - SuperDrive in the database, because there is no single model with a known offset - the internals are not even actually made by Apple in the first place.
For an example, my own USB SuperDrive is a +667 LG in disguise, it used to be reported as such in older OSX.

Nubben
08-15-2017, 11:03 AM
Thanks Spoon/Peter.

I can see that the offset sample is +6 when I connect it to my MacBook Air running El Capitan, so presumably I can enter this value (that is +6) in the dialog box when I connect the drive to the Sierra machine? As long as I have the offset for the drive I can add it to any computer or will this value change depending on my computer(s)?

The drive name on my SuperDrive (under El Capitan) is HL-DT-ST - DVDRW GX30N.

Many thanks!