PDA

View Full Version : Problem with MP3 converter

EZ Entertainmen
08-04-2017, 01:50 AM
Hello, There may actually be no problem it may be that what I am trying to do is not possible, but here whats going on.

I am a mobile Dj so I carry all of my music with me that i have on cd that i converted to digital by using windows media player. (Please note that i do own this music and not trying to steal it.) The first problem is when i ripped it from my cd's i failed to uncheck a box on windows media player that left a copyright on the digital ripped copy. The second problem is that when i ripped it windows media player converted all my digital music to a WMA format also my fault because i because i thought a wma file was better than mp3.... Everything was working fine until this last windows update and now windows no longer allows the use of WMA files (unless you get it from amazon, itunes and so on). I have spent alot of time talking with microsoft reps to figure out a way to save my music without having to spend 100's of hours redoing it all over again. All the Micrsoft reps can tell me is "We are sorry but windows no longer offers support for WDRM".

So I reached out for some help and DBpower amp MP3 Coverter was recommended.
I am using multiple HP i7 computers with windows 8.1 to windows 10 (depending on which DJ software is on each computer)

I did download MP3 converter version 16.2 Trial version and added the window media audio codex(wma) Microsoft V10 Pro, standard, lossless & voice. I have only tried to convert 1 file at a time but when i open MP3 Converter I select song then a screen pops up saying "Component requires refrence" i click "OK" and then Music Converter pops up.
I have encoding as mp3 (lame), Mode is VBR, Quality -V4 and Output to is Source Drive:\Source Path\Source Filename, DSP Effects has nothing in it. I then select Convert. A smaller screen pops up with [0%] dbpoweramp ...... 0.0x encoding speed and nothing is happening except elapsed time is counting up and time remaining is going up. Am I doing something wrong?

I hope i was able to provide enough info>

Spoon
08-04-2017, 01:55 AM
dBpoweramp will not crack the encryption on wma files.

You are best ripping your CDs to FLAC, then converting to mp3, or aac, going forward this is the best option.