PDA

View Full Version : Issues with converting from FLAC to MP3

hrr86
06-14-2017, 12:29 PM
Hi,

New forum user here :) I was trying to convert FLAC to MP3, however I've noticed that regardless of my MP3 settings I still get the same output for my transcodes (VBR -4 instead of CBR-320).

see attached. I've included my CBR settings I've used. I'm currently using ver 16.2 with latest version decoders/encoders.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Spoon
06-14-2017, 02:20 PM
If you close Music Converter then reload, does it remember you set 320kbps CBR on the options page?

hrr86
06-14-2017, 02:58 PM
Spoon, it does not, regardless of what I do =/. My settings do not save either. I have some encodes that I want to set the MP3v2 tag as Unicode but it doesn't stick and instead stays as ANSI.

Spoon
06-14-2017, 06:33 PM
It is likely your security software is 'sandboxing' dBpoweramp so it cannot save settings.

hrr86
06-14-2017, 07:18 PM
It is likely your security software is 'sandboxing' dBpoweramp so it cannot save settings.

Spoon, I ran as admin and my settings worked! however, if i just double click the dbpoweramp icon it reverts back to defaults completely. I'm not sure why that is, as for AVS, I'm only using the local windows for AV.

Is there a way around this or will I just have to run as admin everytime?

Spoon
06-15-2017, 03:40 AM
It is a permissions issue, your normal user account is barred from writing to the registry, which is strange as programs need to write to the registry.

hrr86
06-15-2017, 11:32 AM
It is a permissions issue, your normal user account is barred from writing to the registry, which is strange as programs need to write to the registry.

That's odd since i only have one account on my current pc. I'll try a uninstall then reinstall as admin and see if that helps the issue. thank you for the assistance spoon :thumbup::)