PDA

View Full Version : Can 2 pass encoding happen on temp folder?

ZakSeven
05-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Using R16.2 on PC:

Can 2 pass encoding be done using the Temporary folder, or Source? Currently it seem when using any encoding using a 2nd pass, it is done on the destination. This can be extremely slow if your conversion output is to a music player, SD card, or network location compared to a fast SSD or even a local HD.

I know I could encode to SDD then move to destination but that defeat the purpose of having the ability to dynamically set destination location and filename based on artist, album, etc.

Right now, as an example, if I encode using 12 cores the speed is >256x up until it start to process 2nd phase then it drop considerably often all the way down to <32x when sending to a network. Looking at destination I can see .tmp file being created then removed once 2nd phase is done. I think those should be done at the defined Temp folder in the configuration then moved to the destination as per the output to rule.

Any info would be appreciated as this would greatly speed conversion and/or remove the hassles of an extra step to move thing around.

Regards,

Zak

Spoon
05-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Only wma uses 2 passes when encoding, you are using wma?

ZakSeven
05-03-2017, 08:42 AM
Only wma uses 2 passes when encoding, you are using wma?

Yes, for some purpose I need to use that. Do you have any suggestions to this?

EDIT: I think I used DSP/Plug in the past that also generated a temp file to reprocess, can't remember which though.

Zak

Spoon
05-03-2017, 09:18 AM
It is not possible to change that part of WMA, sorry.