PDA

View Full Version : How to convert a trial version to paid without reinstalling

vincec
01-28-2017, 11:26 AM
i had a trial version installed on 4 computers and just clicked "register" on one where my only apparent option was to pay (which I wanted to do) and download a new installable (which I didn't). I bought the 5 license version but no where did it say how to simply convert my trial versions to registered versions. does this mean I have to re-download and re-install the app on every computer to get it to realize it's registered? there must be an option to register the trial version under my licenses?

Spoon
01-28-2017, 11:55 AM
Yes install the registered version of the top of the unregistered version.

ZimboNick
07-17-2017, 12:53 PM
Similar question, but just to be more specific. I have a trial version and recently purchased the product. I made various settings in the Trial version that I want to keep. Is there a way to apply the registration to an existing trial version and not lose all the settings made in the trial version?

Spoon
07-18-2017, 03:50 AM
Settings are never lost, even if uninstall.

wallewek
09-30-2021, 04:48 PM
The email from registration, and the documentation, should say this. It may be obvious to those who already know, but new purchasers shouldn't have to guess.

Spoon
09-30-2021, 07:36 PM
Either way works fine, the installer when run recommends the older version is unininstalled automatically first.

Phillyphan
06-24-2023, 11:31 AM
I have just paid for a licence. I have my registration number. How do I enter the number in the app in order to register the software????

Spoon
06-24-2023, 03:23 PM
You do not, there will be a download link in your email receipt which has a registered version download.