PDA

View Full Version : Can't Install PerfectTunes

Microhurst
12-16-2016, 05:20 AM
Basically what the title says. I downloaded PerfectTunes (Trial first, then I tried purchasing in case it was just the trial), but it won't install. I'd like to give more info, but just nothing happens at all.

Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit and I've tried it on two different PCs now.

Spoon
12-16-2016, 07:27 AM
You run the install and nothing appears?

Microhurst
12-16-2016, 07:34 AM
Yes, nothing at all. I think it might be as the digital signature for the executable is reporting as invalid. I've tried running it on several machines now, getting the same on them all. I think I'm going to try actually downloading them on a different PC in the first place. The file itself doesn't seem corrupt and is the right size, but it does seem weird.

Spoon
12-16-2016, 08:45 AM
Certificate is fine, just ran the installer myself, it is issued by Comodo and verifies.

If the certificate was invalid, it should say so, not silently not run. Which security software are you using?

Microhurst
12-16-2016, 08:58 AM

I've got it to work now. Downloading it on any of my Windows 10 PCs gives me a file which I can't use. One has BitDefender 2017, one is just using Windows Defender and I even tried it on my sandbox virtual which isn't running any security.

I downloaded the file on a Windows 2008R2 server and that gave me a file which worked - despite being the exact same size as every other download attempt.

Anyway, working now thank you, but there is something hinky there.