PDA

View Full Version : AssetNAS UPNP stopped working through Windows Home Server

Geezer13
12-11-2016, 12:25 PM
I have a Naim NDX connected to an AssetNAS box (Network Attached Storage) running AssetNAS software. I access the NAS using Windows Home Server 2011 (WHS) which was preinstalled on the AssetNAS box. (I use a Macbook so do this via remote desktop.) So, I was checking one of the shared folders through WHS and then stupidly changed the Media Library Sharing setting for Music to 'On' just to see what would happen! I immediately changed it back to 'Off' and clicked 'Apply', but now I cannot set the AssetNAS software to 'On' in WHS. It keeps going back to 'Off' and the 'Apply' button is greyed out. When I use the Naim app to look at the UPNP folders it shows the AssetNAS as 'AssetNAS: 1: Windows Media Connect'. So it appears that even though I have reset the Media Sharing Library for music back to 'Off' it is running in the background and stopping me from using the AssetNAS software to stream to the Naim NDX. I've tried disabling Windows Media Connect through WHS/Start Up/Services but this didn't work. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Spoon
12-12-2016, 03:36 AM
>'AssetNAS: 1: Windows Media Connect'

This is Microsofts UPnP server, not Asset, asset should be selectable elsewhere.

Geezer13
12-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Thanks, Spoon. I realised I managed to uninstall Asset in error. Reinstalled and all OK now.